• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dual Rec (2 Channel) New Tubes, Cover, Mint - $1,150 Shipped

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasec

Reaction score
Note: I understand that I am brand new to the forums, but if you'd like to check out any of my previous sales on Harmonycentral (where this is also listed for sale), you're more than welcome to have a look:

Here
Here

Ebay ID: Phatboy444

For sale or trade is a 1996 or 97 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier head (2 channel version), with serial number R-8734

Everything on this Dual Rec is in excellent condition, with the exception of the "on" light which appears to be blown. Has no affect on the amp in any way...all of the other lights function properly. I'll probably end up fixing it before I trade it.

I've just retubed this amp with the following from dougs tubes (roughly $200, and will include the old, working tubes):

Matched quad set of SED 6L6GC's
Tung-Sol 12AX7
High Gain JJ ECC83
Penta 12AX7
Shuguang 12AX7 8th gen
Sovtek 12AX7 LPS

I'm interested in trading the head for an Orange Rockerverb or Tremoverb, or will sell for $1,150 shipped, to anywhere in the continental US. This includes both sets of pre-amp and power-amp tubes, the cloth cover for the head, and the original foot switch. Price on this head is firm.

I also have a very interesting cabinet that Mesa made in the early 90's called the "model 4812". It's one Celestion V30 surrounded by four Celestion Vintage 8s, and sounds really phenomenal. A bit brighter than the typical 4 x 12 cabinet, but still very aggressive. I'll more than likely hang onto this, but may consider selling if the right trade or cash offer comes around.

The Mesa rig sounds immense and is really versatile, but honestly, after about 12 years I'm just looking for something different.

Again, I am interested in trades for other high end tube heads, specifically Orange's, but send me some offers and I'll respond right away. I also have the original foot switch which is pictured. Feel free to email me with any question at

elliott.thomas at gmail.com

img1694e.jpg

img1696i.jpg

img1699c.jpg

img1700l.jpg

img1709.jpg

img1702.jpg

$1,100 shipped? Again, this includes the original foot switch, an extra set of working pre-amp and power-amp tubes, and a cloth amp cover. Any takers?

$1100 shipped is a really good deal for all of that. I probably would have bought it if you had posted it a few weeks earlier. But most people in the market for a dual rec on this forum are probably looking for revisions C-F. What you've got there is a good ole' revision G. But don't give up, I can guarantee it will sell on eBay for that price.

Latest posts

Back