• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS/FT mesa blue angel 4x10 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylan7620

Reaction score
Mesa blue angel 4x10 combo black with tan grill

mesa's site description
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Blue_Angel/blue_angel.html

condition is about a 8/10 with a couple scuffs. comes with a slip cover and a mesa footswitch for the reverb. i really wish i didn't have to see this go but ive moved on and need an amp more suited to my needs. i've never had any problems at all while owning this amp EVER.

asking $800 obo, really looking for dc5 heads to trade with but considering all serious offers

i live in snohomish washington (near seattle)

pics on request through e mail.

edit: after more looking i decided to put the condition to 8/10 instead of 9 because i found some more marks.
edit: added price

nomad 45 long chassis head with tan grill, brand new jj/testla tubes. cab is a brand new avatar 2x12. open back, with one vintage 30 and one g12h30, not even broken in yet-if your interested in it as well.
amps001.jpg

That color combination is so cool, should have ordered my Classic cab that way. Oh well.

theres a nomad 55 at the GC i pass about everyday... i tried it today but i didnt get enough time to really mess with it... ill try again tommarow... im very interested though. is the 45 the one with the extreme setting?

yes! it makes up for the lack of graphic eq found in the 100. the 55 is crap compared to the tone of the el84's in this 45. the extreme mode strips away the negative feedback loop, which basiscally turns the amp into a screaming banshee. opens the bottom end WAYYY up, and makes everythign really immidiate and angry. after the retube everything tightened up substanially, the jjsetla el84's managed to add some defintion to the third channel. the clean is second only to your blue angel, and the crunch is VERY marshall on the orange channel. use the third chanel as a marki type of lead tone. its very touch sensitive, and verrry transparent compared to my jcm900. p90's sound like p90's, 57's sound like 57's. email me pics if you have them..

[email protected]
im located in vancouver b.c. but have a cottage on lake whatcom.

as a note, i had a jcm800 1960a cab before the avatar, but it was too much to carry around to jams. i noticed you have one as well, and its worth mentioning that a 4x12 deffinitly brings out the low end chunk. with the extreme mode engaged, the still has some pretty good thud for the small bottles..find myself playing metal just for the sake of complementing the tone..

my only concerns are that a. this will have enough headroom as i could only run my BA a 12 o clock before it starts to break up a little too much for my liking (while im with the band) and b. i need plenty of gain on tap. i dislike the f50 for my purposes when it comes to gain. i don't need all out recto gain but something that could hold its own against one (ala dc5).

ah theres more gain then you'll ever need. email sent...

waht tyep of speakers are in this? couldnt really tell from the pics...eminence or celestion? original tubes? when was it purchased?

ill meet you in bellingham if your <100% sure on a trade and wanna try it out and whatnot.
ill drop off the amp at your house if your 100% sure on a trade.

its got jensens and im pretty sure the tubes are original since they are mesas. never changed them cuz ive never had a problem or disliked the sound. plus im a broke @$$ college student. i got it about a year and a half ago from the southcenter guitar center (tukwila?)

well dude, in all honesty, im probably one of the few guys who'd be willing to trade a high gain channel switching mesa for a non-master volume class a mesa. so unless you sell it and then buy a dc, this is your best opportunity!

Back