Mark IIC+ Simulclass head

Post Boogies for sale and wanted.
No dealers please.

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

Dennis Shaw
Mark I

Mark IIC+ Simulclass head

Post by Dennis Shaw » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:28 am

I have a second (just sold one) Mark IIC+ Simulclass head for sale. It is identical to the one I just sold (other than the serial # of course) and is covered in black tolex, reverb + graphic, non-export trannie. The amp is in dead mint condition; no tears, no rested corners or handle. It will come with Ruby 6L6 output tubes and Boogie pre-amp tubes. The amp will also come with it's origional slip cover, a boogie clean to dirty footswitch and cable.
I need to sell this amp locally in the Harvest, Alabama area, but Pay-Pal is available through a friend of mine.
Local sale is $3000.00 cash. Pay-Pal will be $3450.00, which includes Pay-Pal charges, shipping supplies, shipping charges, and shipping insurance. The Pal-Pal payment will be through a friend of mine. I will wait a few weeks first to see if there is any local interest.
No International shipping.
If paid through Pay-Pal, I will ship only after the money has fully deposited in my friends account (his e-mail and phone number will be supplied) and I can pick it up to buy all the supplies for shipping. Boxing will take approximately 8 hours. The amp will be double boxed into two seperate boxes; one containing the chassis and the second set of boxes will contain the head cabinet, tubes, slip cover, footswitch and cable. I should be able to ship 3 days, maybe two, once payment is received.
I will have pictures available by Monday, October 6 if not before.
I can also be reached through my home e-mail address (Please take note of change of e-mail): ds58Paul@charter.net

Dennis
Last edited by Dennis Shaw on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

lesterpaul
Donating Member

Post by lesterpaul » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:35 pm

dennis and his amps are the real deal-A++...take it from me...if I had some $$$$...clean as a whistle!!!
"major scales...whats that??"-Doug Aldrich
C+ DRG,B+DGX,C+KRG(Twocious Maximus)
TA-15,Bray, SLO, Glaswerks SOD
-black cat bone for good luck

Dennis Shaw
Mark I

Post by Dennis Shaw » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Thanks Lester for the kind words! You certainly are a gentleman that knows his gear and a great player as well.

Dennis

JOEY B.
Dual Recto

Post by JOEY B. » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:37 pm

You wouldn't tempt a C+ junkie, would you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you still have the amp when the "amp summit" showdown takes place in Huntsville, let me know. I might have a momentary lapse of reason. :oops:
"One of these days, I'm gonna change my evil ways....... one of these days.

JimAnsell
Mark IV

Re: Mark IIC+ Simulclass head

Post by JimAnsell » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:02 pm

Boxing will take approximately 8 hours. The amp will be double boxed into two seperate boxes; one containing the chassis and the second set of boxes will contain the head cabinet, tubes, slip cover, footswitch and cable.
i mean no disrespect, but please believe me when i tell you that this is completely unnecessary.

this is an amp head we are talking about here.
it is far safer to ship it in a single package, double boxed, and PACKED PROPERLY, rather than two seperate the head and chassis.

there really is no polite way to address the "boxing will take 8 hours" thing.
:lol:

GIG4FUN
Donating Member

Post by GIG4FUN » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:53 pm

JimAnsell wrote:
Boxing will take approximately 8 hours. The amp will be double boxed into two seperate boxes; one containing the chassis and the second set of boxes will contain the head cabinet, tubes, slip cover, footswitch and cable.
i mean no disrespect, but please believe me when i tell you that this is completely unnecessary.

this is an amp head we are talking about here.
it is far safer to ship it in a single package, double boxed, and PACKED PROPERLY, rather than two seperate the head and chassis.

there really is no polite way to address the "boxing will take 8 hours" thing.
:lol:
weed? LOL polite enough me thinks. Heck eight hours is a fantastic time. I'd like it too and I would prefer you spent just a bit more time on it. I WILL unbox it in record setting time though.

I have a mafia friend able to help me with shipping details etc. so I may be involved too :) I have to count money for a few weeks though. I hope it's still here in three weeks...

I really would like pics to drool over.
three original Mark II c+ heads 2 simul, one 100/60
Rack: Coliseum 300 and Quad,
Boogie(2)EV12L Thiele's,EV12L 1/2 back,Mesa 2x12 vert EV12L cab
Fender & Marshall typical...
New Mark V Head 3/25/2014

GIG4FUN
Donating Member

Post by GIG4FUN » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:59 pm

JOEY B. wrote:You wouldn't tempt a C+ junkie, would you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you still have the amp when the "amp summit" showdown takes place in Huntsville, let me know. I might have a momentary lapse of reason. :oops:
when is that summit? I hope after three weeks.... :twisted:
three original Mark II c+ heads 2 simul, one 100/60
Rack: Coliseum 300 and Quad,
Boogie(2)EV12L Thiele's,EV12L 1/2 back,Mesa 2x12 vert EV12L cab
Fender & Marshall typical...
New Mark V Head 3/25/2014

Dennis Shaw
Mark I

Post by Dennis Shaw » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:55 am

Joey,

We are trying for the weekend of Nov. 15 & 16. Feel free to send me an e-mail at work for me to keep you posted: dshaw@maxtc.com.
The summitt will take place at T. Shepards Music. We are trying to get it posted in the Tone Quest Report and also trying to get some amp mfg's to send a few amps in, so it kind of hinges on those type of things. If we can't make it happen on that date, due to all the holidays forthcoming after, it may have to wait until February.
I may bring the IIC+ Simul to the summitt, but if you are local, you are welcome to swing by and hear it, but it will have to be when my wife isn't home so we can crank it up. She can't stand for the radio to be on "1".

Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis Shaw
Mark I

Post by Dennis Shaw » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:04 am

Jim,

Thanks for the advise. I do appreciate it, and you may be correct. However in my years of field service, I have been inside the UPS hub in Atlanta as well as the Fed. Exp. hub in Memphis. It is not unusual for things to fall off of the conveyers, or for the local driver-UPS-to literally throw a box out of the truck on to the street before delivering it to the front door (I have seen this!). Due to the weight of the trannie's in the IIC+ Simul's, one 'hard drop' could cause the weight of the trannie's to pull down on the chassis and bend it around the trannie mounts. This would be terrible to have happen to a great vintage amp like the IIC+'s or to any amp, so I simply had rather play it safe and be fully guaranteed that the amp will make it to the buyer safely. It's just too risky to ship it fully assembled and double boxed with a vintage amp. I have sold (2) IIC+ Simul heads and both have arrived to the buyer's perfectly without harm by shipping seperately; not even a broken tube.
But I once again appreciate the advise. I wish I could ship it your way because it would be much quicker to box and less hassle. This is my last IIC+ Simul head to sell.

Thanks,
Dennis

JOEY B.
Dual Recto

Post by JOEY B. » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Dennis Shaw wrote:This is my last IIC+ Simul head to sell.

Thanks,
Dennis
I hope that you are keeping one for yourself after this head is sold. :)
"One of these days, I'm gonna change my evil ways....... one of these days.

Dennis Shaw
Mark I

Post by Dennis Shaw » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:06 pm

Joey,

Can no do when bills are calling. I'm 52 years old and will be 53 in february. I just don't need more than 1 amp anymore.

rocknroll9225
Mark III

Post by rocknroll9225 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:13 am

i realize that this is a really old thread, but did the head ever get sold? i want a simul/graphic/reverb IIC+ SO BAD
My Rig:
Furman P-1800 AR
Line 6 Relay G90
Fractal Axe-Fx II
RJM RG-16
iSP Decimator ProRack G
Dunlop DCR-2SR Crybaby
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Multi-Watt (pre-500 mod)
Roadster 2x12 cab

https://www.facebook.com/BuriedElectric

dodger916
Donating Member

Post by dodger916 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:37 am

Now that's wishful thinking. :) Be patient; you'll find one.

Mk IIA->C+ DRGX head "Cold Sweat" in GTS shell
1966 Fender Pro Reverb
DC-3 head
Orange Dual Terror
EVM loaded Thiele; MS-12 1/2 back
71 SG; 72 Tele; 76 White Strat; 77 LP Custom; 81 Goldtop; 05 Am Dlx Strat; 11 G0 plaintop

rocknroll9225
Mark III

Post by rocknroll9225 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:38 am

dodger916 wrote:Now that's wishful thinking. :) Be patient; you'll find one.
:lol: i know... i figured i at least had to try
My Rig:
Furman P-1800 AR
Line 6 Relay G90
Fractal Axe-Fx II
RJM RG-16
iSP Decimator ProRack G
Dunlop DCR-2SR Crybaby
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Multi-Watt (pre-500 mod)
Roadster 2x12 cab

https://www.facebook.com/BuriedElectric

Dennis Shaw
Mark I

Post by Dennis Shaw » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:47 am

Still have it and would consider selling, however shipping is pricy as I would only do it in a way as to break down the chassis from the head cabinet, seperate tubes and bubble wrap everything. The chassis and heard would have to be double boxed and bubble wrapped.

If still interested, le'me know