• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1992 Dual Rectifier Pre 500

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadtripper

Reaction score
Not mine but :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MESA-BOOGIE-1992-DUAL-RECTIFIER-PRE-500-REVISION-C_W0QQitemZ320266071596QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320266071596&_trkparms=72%3A638%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Shhhhhhh! I have it on my watch list, but I fear it's going to go way over what I'd pay for it (despite not having a definite figure in mind yet!)

no. just was wondering. I've seen them black / silver and silver / black before but never black / black (that early). thus the questions.

Probaly not original as in the head shell was replaced. Back then dealers would let you switch the head shells on mesa amps if you wanted black/black, or silver/silver etc... Or it could have been replaced because original broke. Example, I have my pre-500 which is the basic mesa colors of silver diamond and black chassis, however i picked up another pre 500 black headshell so i can go black/black if i want.

bigmouth said:
no. just was wondering. I've seen them black / silver and silver / black before but never black / black (that early). thus the questions.

I would say the headshell is non-original, that guy is a trader, ive seen him swap chassis's and shells dozens of times with Marks that he had bought off ebayUS and sold on ebayUK.

There's nothing underhanded about it, so long as its not claiming to be something it's not etc. Im sure if you could look through his ebay transactions for more than 90 days you could find the donor amps.

I would say the headshell is non-original, that guy is a trader

Im sure if you could look through his ebay transactions for more than 90 days you could find the donor amps.

Have you contacted the guy and asked questions about this amp mate or do you just talk the first load of bullshit that springs to mind?? :lol:

STUART said:
Have you contacted the guy and asked questions about this amp mate or do you just talk the first load of bullshit that springs to mind?? :lol:

Bullshit?

Thats an ignorant and rude thing to say, doubly so in light of the fact that the seller (YOU) has CHANGED THE AD TO SAY THE HEADSHELL IS NON-ORIGINAL.

WTF?! You call my opinion bullshit and then change your auction because im right? Nice :roll:

Im sure if you could look through his ebay transactions for more than 90 days you could find the donor amps.

Wrong no donor amps...

Thats an ignorant and rude thing to say, doubly so in light of the fact that the seller (YOU) has CHANGED THE AD TO SAY THE HEADSHELL IS NON-ORIGINAL.

WTF?! You call my opinion bullshit and then change your auction because im right? Nice

Wrong you have no opinion you have made conclusions regarding an individual you dont even know from Adam...

I say contact Mesa boogie regarding headshell , i do not state anywhere within auction that THE HEADSHELL IS NON-ORIGINAL or ORIGINAL

Amp is being sold on behalf of my brother , questions welcome ...

PS ....I am not a trader either thanks ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

STUART said:

Wrong no donor amps...

WTF?! You call my opinion bullshit and then change your auction because im right? Nice

Wrong you have no opinion you have made conclusions regarding an individual you dont even know from Adam...

I say contact Mesa boogie regarding headshell , i do not state anywhere within auction that THE HEADSHELL IS NON-ORIGINAL or ORIGINAL

Amp is being sold on behalf of my brother , questions welcome ...

PS ....I am not a trader either thanks ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One has to assume that if there is no mention of the headshell, than it is original to the amp.

Back