The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:13 pm 
Mark III

What kind of seller protection does paypal offer for non e-check transactions ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:43 am 
Mark I

Sorry, I thought this post was here to suggest everyone a good service to transfer money when buying amps.....
.....if a better (safer and cheaper) one exists......why not use it?

I am long time paypal user, but I have seen in the years how a good idea has evolved into a TOO profit-guided service (and everyone has seen ebay and then paypal fees skyrocketing, in the last years.....)

Moreover, e-check cannot be used from international paypal account holders, so I searched for a cheap and safe alternative of transferring money to usa, and saw revolution money transfer, that was linked and suggested from hibidder, a good reputation alternative to EvilBay.

Unfortunately revolution money transfer is accepting only us citizens, at the moment.......so for me the search isn't over yet, but I just thought.....hey, why not suggest it?

@MrMark III
...if it sound too expensive and offer no seller protection.....than it's paypal :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:02 am 
Mark II

I've used Echeck for accepting a $1,200 payment on a Ernie Ball and it worked great. I was only dinged $5, and when it cleared, I shipped the guitar. The only thing is, make sure the buyer understands that it takes several days to clear. With my bank, it only took 3 days.

:o

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:45 pm 
Mark I

I will not do business with Ebay again simply because they own Paypal. So not only are they charging you listing fees or whatever ever else they charge for listing and selling an item they are also making money off the Paypal transaction. I don't even know why they call it Paypal anymore. They should call it an Ebay account and just charge you one flat rate. It's like they well not like they are being deceitful in their business practices.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:13 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Is there any BUYER protection paying with an eCheck?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:30 pm 
Mark I

Actually, you can avoid a fee COMPLETELY by just asking the buyer to select "gift" when making a payment to you. I'm not sure what kind of protection there is, how ethical this is or what not :lol:. It also clears immediately if they use a credit/debit card or direct transfer from their account, so you get the best of both worlds.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:34 am 
Bottle Rocket

I dont see why people get all anal about a 3% fee. If you are a merchant with a merchant's credit card account, thats not much different than what you'd pay to accept credit cards. Its a cost of doing business. Not only that, but items that people can pay for with a credit card (and e-checks cant be written on credit cards) tend to sell for more than those you cant pay for on credit card by a LOT more than 3%.

So yeah save your 3% but sell your item for 10-15% less.........sound smart? Not to me. Thats why I've never got uptight about the 3%.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:26 am 
Bottle Rocket

How do I receive Paypal Money if I dont have a paypal account? So I bought something on ebay but I wasn't satisfied with my purchase so I returned it. I just got an email stating that my payment has been refunded through Paypal and was given the receipt number and everything. But the problem is, I don't even have a Paypal account! So I decided to make a Paypal account but now I don't know what to do to put the money in there because my balance still says $0.00. Can someone help me please?