• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Please Delete this thread, thank you!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Reaction score
This is an 80s Mesa cab and it's built like a tank!! I have Celestion G12H80 speakers in there which I think are the same speaker spec wise as the Mesa MC90s, but not 100% sure.

There are nicks and some tears in the tolex, so this is a great 'gig' cab. Very in your face tone !! The bottom is tight and focused and the top lets the sound disperse a bit so you never have to strain to hear your cabinet on stage .... even when you are backed up near it or off axis.

The cab is actually a slant cab ( as the baffle slants back for the two top speakers ) but the framing is straight.

This is a local pickup only. I am near Akron, Ohio. Asking $495

71dbew0.jpg

Hey Tweedster. How close is Akron to Zanesville?

Next time I get up there I may give you a yell.

Shipping a 4X12 is a Pain in the arse. Last one I shipped was a fortune to ship it in a flight case.

BTW I can vouch for the Doc. He is a pleasure to deal with.

what you've got there is a metal grill (not mesh) halfback 4x12 slant cab

ThunderMonkey said:
I'm sure after packaging, it weighs well over their 150 lb. limit and is considered freight ! Maybe not but I'll check into it ! Almost tempted to drive up to Ohio :roll:

Shipping my 4x12 EVM cab on a mini pallet was 147lbs (I think). Cost $151 to ship to AZ.

Nomad said:
Hey Tweedster. How close is Akron to Zanesville?

Next time I get up there I may give you a yell.

Shipping a 4X12 is a Pain in the arse. Last one I shipped was a fortune to ship it in a flight case.

BTW I can vouch for the Doc. He is a pleasure to deal with.

Is that where you are? I think it's a pretty good drive, I'd have to check the map.

gts said:
Empty a 4x12 weighs about 40lbs. So + a little more for a Bottom Cab. (I weighed and empty one earlier this week)
C90's (which the speaker in this cab are supposedly closely matched) aren't that heavy.
EV's weigh 18-20lbs each.
Even with all EV's this cab should be under the 150 lbs limit.

I think this thing with the original MS12s weighed in just over 100 lbs. :shock:

Hi Doc,

There are several people on this board who would love to get this baby into their rig (myself included) but just live to far away for pickup.

If you pulled the speakers and shipped 2 in a box and then boxed the cab the shipping for those three boxes would probably be less than shipping her in one piece.

Just a thought. Hope you get her to a good home.

All the best,

Bobby

ThunderMonkey said:
Hey Doc, you wouldn't happen to still have this cab ?

Yes I do.

Anyone interested should send a personal message since I don't always check this ad every day or week or month. :oops:

Latest posts

Back