• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BAD TRADER ALERT!!! I WAS RIPPED OFF BY playdosboogies

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear-Monkey

Reaction score
BAD TRADER ALERT!!!!

I purchased a mesa dual recto from this jerk. He sent it to me cracked and broken up.

However, I did make the mistake of emailing him after I recieved the package that it was in good order. I noted that I didn't try the amp yet (as I was at work) I pulled it out of the box, looked it over and packaged it up.

2hrs later when I had time to play it... I noticed the crack while inserting the tubes and the underside was cracked all to HELL! You cannot see it unless you get up under there (like inserting tubes)

The head shell is pretty much screwed. $200 to replace.

I emailed this guy everday and called his house and his cell once a day... he's a pussy and wont call me back. He avoids my calls and won't take responsibility for this shabby job.

Oh, what's worse... is the amp had $1100 insurance, but since he packaged it up like a moron... it's not covered.

NO BUBBLE WRAP
NO FOAM
NO PEANUTS

He just threw it in a box with some USPS priorty boxes surrounding it like that's going to protect a 57ibs amp.

This guy is a piece of SHYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His name is Tim

His Home # 207 799 4803
His cell # 207 423 0956

And his email addy -- [email protected]

HE'S A RIP OFF!!!!

Pics:

DSCN3504Small.jpg

DSCN3505Small.jpg

I think the the carrier is responsable if you can proof that the damage was done during shipping, regardless the state/sort of the packaging material.
They accepted the package as is and should deliver it in the same state as they've got it...

I think the shipping co is responsable evan if it was damaged prior to shipping they accepted it and insured it,you can -but yes it sounds like the guy sold you a busted amp and is trying to pull a fast one on you and the shipping co,How did you pay for it? if a credit card was used you have some protection.

The seller would only take Money Order. The shipping company won't cover something that won't pass a 3ft drop test. This package job (lack of a better word) wouldn't hold up to a 1ft drop test.

It wasn't wrapped, padded, or secured. He put the amp in a big box and threw a bunch of assembled 3x8 USPS priority boxes around it.

I didn't even bother wasting my time with the shipping company, they said it'd take 30/60 days for investigation.... and the way I described the package job, they would not cover it anyhow. The require a double boxed to validate any claims.

So, I went up to my local hardware (Lowes) and purchased a piece of "L" angle alloy brace. I gorilla glued the wood brace back together, threw a couple pan head screws to tie it back together... the alloy brace really toughened up the amp better than factory!

Here are some pics after repairs--

DSCN3517Medium.jpg

DSCN3518Medium.jpg

I'm happy cause I paid $1100 for the amp and sold it today for $1450. However, I'd never buy from this guy again!

Cardboard has a "memory". It can survive a drop and come out in much better shape than the product it's protecting. I've dealt with non musical products that have been damaged in transit for many years. This could be a toss up, but the fact that he is ignoring you, and poor packaging tells me that it went out bad this time, and he knew it ahead of time.

UPS is actually pretty good dealing with damage claims, but ONLY if you have them package it up. It's almost worth the extra $15 to not worry about the hassle. I had a JC-120 combo shipped one time that had the shell literally cracked in half. It was packaged by UPS, so the guy went and got a new shell for it the next day, went over to UPS with receipt, and they gave him money for it on the spot.

I had a guy ship me a 2:90 power amp once in a box...and that was it. He literally sat the 2:90 in a box, taped it up, and shipped it. Nothing at all to pack it with.

Looks like he's over at The Gear Page too. He just bumped his ad yesterday.

I traced him from his recent purple F50 ad here on The Boogie Board:
http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=115859&highlight=#115859

Here is the same ad on The Gear Page:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=266963&highlight=Mesa

Warning though... The Gear Page moderators do not tolerate Bad Seller threads, proceed with caution.

Chris... 8)

You can see the USPS priority boxes he used to shove in the boxes in the picture. :roll:

Silverwulf said:
. I had a JC-120 combo shipped one time that had the shell literally cracked in half.

I used to have a JC-77 and I wondered what you'd have to do to hurt that thing. It was a freaking tank. I guess a 120 would have more flex in it.

Great repair job! You would think the seller would have spoken up by now to defend his good (or bad) name! :lol:

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Nice repair and looks natural. Gorrila Glue is the BEST!!! I've used it to fix many broken things. Thanks for getting the word out on this scumbag. I was checking out that purple one.

y did you resell it if it worked and you fixed the cosmetics or was that your plan from the start?

and did you disclose the repair?

Thanks for the nice comments on the repair work. When I first received the amp, I was furious but was giving him the benefit of the doubt. But since he won't respond or reply to my emails or phone calls, I know this guy is hiding from me.

Now that the amp is fixed (better than new) and the buyer loves the amp. I feel much better.

so out of all of the BS, the results still turned out good. Anyone else is to use my experience as a tool as to whether or not you would ever want to do business with this guy. Maybe it's a fluke... regardless, he could have still talked with me about this to come up with a solution to the problem.

Have a good day folks.

Latest posts

Back