• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

nice markIV on ebay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor414rce2003

Reaction score
item # 250142581310 NO Reserve!!! so far I am high bidder but I know it will not last 6more days ,please dont bid and raise the price :twisted: what do guys think I should set my max bid at

Wait till the last minute or less to put in your max bid to prevent the other bidders from having a chance to up their max bid. Not sure how much it will go for...

Interesting strategy...you want to keep the price low, yet you come here and announce the ebay auction. :shock:

Maybe it's the seller trying to get us all in on his amp :wink:
Good luck, and you never know, sometimes miracles happen..... Unless you announce them to a bunch of boogie addicts on the boogie board :twisted:

sold for $1424 + 75 for shipping-ebay used to have good deals now its all fecken dealers buying and re-selling to each other

taylor414rce2003 said:
sold for $1424 + 75 for shipping-ebay used to have good deals now its all fecken dealers buying and re-selling to each other

The Mark IV market is just booming right now. Mesa has a long waiting list and they supposedly raised their prices so rather than paying around $2000 and waiting for a couple months, some people started going for the used market. And now since John Petrucci, Lamb of God, Chevelle, and all these other artists are using them the demand is up greatly. It is the backbone of the economy; supply and demand.

I can pay used retail price in local music stores around these parts with a 30day warranty and it is still cheaper than buying sight/sound unkown off of ebay.
ebay has become part of the I am rich and I have to have it right now generation

I agree with the more instant gratification aspect. Ebay still is a place for astounding deals, you just have to luck out. Look at the completeted listings:

Shorthead: $900 BIN. Item #200129791089
Short combo with case: $1000 BIN. Item #330147185547
Shorthead: $1000 BIN. Item #130133432088
Wide combo: $1000. Item #130129649777

Although those are just a fraction of the Mark IVs that have sold on ebay, they still ended at very reasonable values. If you are just trying to steal a Mark IV for pretty much nothing, I doubt it is going to happen unless you luck out and someone has a low BIN or if the market gets flooded and bottoms out. I am not trying to come off like a dick, but the current market is not the best for a buyer right now. It just goes to show the Mark IVs are a very desirable amp and retain a good value.

All I can say is get a bunch of those Ebay auto search things for all the different names the Mark IV could go by: Mark IV, MK IV, Mark 4, MK 4, Mesa Mark, Mesa 4, Mesa IV. Sure they might flood your inbox, but you can come across a steal and luck out. I wish you the best with finding one. They are great amps and can tackle most forms of music. Just be patient and keep the lookout everywhere: Ebay, Craigslist, Backpage, The Gear Page, Harmony-Central, etc. You will get one, just stick with it!

There are sniping services out there too. You set your max bid and it's entered seconds before the auction ends. Kinda underhanded I guess but whatever works. It's a jungle out there.

REALLY? There are services that will snipe FOR YOU?! That just takes all the fun and excitement out of waiting till the last second to put in your max bid. I get all anxious and nervous when I am trying to win an item i REALLY want and there is only 20 seconds left...

taylor414rce2003 said:

Ahem... Allow me to respond. I won the sucker and I ain't no dealer. AND I was prepared to pay more (I had it sniped @ $1700) What can I say, the heart wants what the heart wants. Even at $1499 it's less than what I paid for a new Mark III back in '90. I have to agree - it's the law of supply and demand. For those of you unclear about how eBay works, it's very simple. There's only one rule: High Bid Wins. Hey, when I get the amp, I 'll tell you if it actually works! Cheers!

Latest posts

Back