Mesa Boogie Throttle Box

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerRob

Reaction score
Whats up all...

Question, all my gear is at my practice area so I can't try this out now and ive never even attempted so I'm asking to see if anyone has an input....
I have a Dual Rectifier / 2 Channel 97-98 era. I also have a throttle box...non EQ version... Can I use this thing as an OD pedal or some sort of boost ? I'm happy with the sound of my recto and don't really need the pedal to shape a better distortion for myself so I was wondering if I can use this thing to aome other benefit. ...and don't say its a paperweight please. Thank you much!!! Rob

Do you mean with your Recto? Just like any other dirt box, man. Put it in front of the amp and start twisting knobs. Most pedals are easier to dial in than amps because the controls aren't usually very interactive. What I usually do is put everything on the dirt box at noon, then turn one knob all the way *up*, which will usually suck, but as you back it down again you'll get a better idea of what that knob controls than if you started low and worked up.

Thanks man. I did try this and had a good result. My DR gain was always in my opinion perfect for what I play. However, playing thru the Throttle Box still gives me the sound I love without so much noise and feedback. The pedal seems to give it a tighter more compressed sound and just better clarity in chords and leads. I really like this pedal...and it pains me to use it instead of the DR gain channel because I always thought a pedal could never compare to my DR gain. Its DEF usable as an OD pedal also.

Back