Mesa Boogie 1x12 wedge cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiorgosIndie

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I found a used Mesa Boogie 1x12 wedge cabinet (45 degrees) with MC-90 in good price and it seems very interesting to me.

What I cannot find is info about it. Well, I could find some info here and in the internet (in general), but nothing very specific and also nothing in Mesa's discontinued products.
When did Mesa produce wedge cabinets? (and when did they stop?)
Does anyone have experience with such wedge cabinet? Any opinions?
Is it considered a "recto" cabinet or anything else?

Cheers,
Giorgos

They were called the recto wedge if I recall correctly. They made a 2x12 wedge with vintage 30s also. Late nineties early aughts. They made a bunch of odd cabs brought the nineties and 80’s with hardly any information out there in them.

Oddly enough, I made 1x12 wedge cabinets that were a perfect match for a regular width (not widebody) Mark amp back in the early 80s. And bottoms as well. YEARS before Mesa did. I've made maybe eight to ten of the bottoms, which when compared side by side with a Mesa Thiele enclosure, both with EV speakers, my design has a much more solid bottom end. It's a slightly larger cabinet volume, being square (same height and width) with a 14" total cabinet depth. Ported front, sealed back.

My wedge cabinet was just an angled back cabinet like the top half of a Marshall 1960A. Not a 45 degree angle, but maybe 15 degrees.

I had this 2X12 loaded Mesa slant cabinet with EVM12L speakers. I sold it because it was way too big and heavy. I replaced it with this homemade 1X12 with a Boogie Fillmore 75 speaker which I really like.

Having a monitor eliminates the "turn it down" from the sound guy. I hear the opposite now and I hear myself fine.

MESA/Boogie 2X12 guitar monitor by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Current set up by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Back