Looking for a dual overdrive to do this.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revgsmall

Reaction score
I'll make this succinct as possible. My World beat band (Santana-Marley-War) I use a Mesa Mark II but often times run a Fulldrive III into the clean channel with the Mesa' pre-amp on 7. It makes for a faster set up and I don't need to do the 4 cable set up to the effects loop. I use the OD channel on the Mesa primarily in the studio.

My other band (3-4 piece) is what I call the "bar band". We cover rockabilly-surf-blues-cajun and anything else that tickles my fancy. I have a small pedal board (12x12) for that one. I have been using Wampler Dual Fusion now for quite a while. Love the Euphoria side for light OD, the Brad Paisley side is pretty useless for me, to dark and grungy so it is seldom on.

The crowd often times have heard the World Beat material and will request a Santana cover. I limp through the song with the Wampler but the tone is not there for the Santana stuff. I am about to order another Fulldrive III just because I haven't found anything better albeit I have to radically change the settings on it to cover the above mentioned.

Question: I live in Cowpie Wyoming and a good music store is a long ways away. Is there another dual over drive out there that I should be looking at before I order another Fulldrive III?

I made some pedals that really worked well with my MKII
I made several dual ODs that might fit your bill or I had a single unit ( Niagara ) that can do anything.
Don't make them much anymore but I do have some left if your interested.

These are demos I had made :)
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tonal+insanity

https://www.facebook.com/Tonal-Insanity-Guitar-Effects-255447831246350/

[email protected]

I know this is a couple years old, but OP you post on the Boogie board looking for a dual drive :shock: Dude, Flux five!

Latest posts

Back