v-twin tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcampbell

Reaction score
Just picked up a used v-twin... wow it's cool!

A couple of questions

1) it came with Ruby tubes. Does anyone have any experience with these tubes?

2) Any suggestions of tubes that I should try?

Thanks in advance,

I just spent Sunday afternoon trying different combinations of tubes in my Vtwin. I eventually settled on a GT-ecc83 in v1 and a Sovtek 12ax7-w in the second slot. I was going for a tighter distortion and a more prominant mid frequency. I play extreme metal with a PRS Standard, if that helps...

Thanks! That does help. I'm always amazed at how differnet tube types can change your tone.

These Ruby tubes are very smooth. They give the clean channel an insane amount of overhead and the solo channel is very "liquid".

Lifewithoutpain said:
I just spent Sunday afternoon trying different combinations of tubes in my Vtwin. I eventually settled on a GT-ecc83 in v1 and a Sovtek 12ax7-w in the second slot. I was going for a tighter distortion and a more prominant mid frequency. I play extreme metal with a PRS Standard, if that helps...

I have a V-Twin and tried your tube combo. Best tone I ever got. Sounds like VanHalen. I have a V-Twin on solo channel max gain going into an old Alesis Microverb II into one side of a 50/50 Boogie rack power amp turned all the way up on low power 15 Watts into my Marshall 2-15 cab on 8ohm mono. I use the to power amp out of the V-Twin and just turn the volume back on the Midiverb to control the volume. I call it my OMG tone cause when I found it I yelled Oh My God! Thanks

Stratman said:
Lifewithoutpain said:

I have a V-Twin and tried your tube combo. Best tone I ever got. Sounds like VanHalen. I have a V-Twin on solo channel max gain going into an old Alesis Microverb II into one side of a 50/50 Boogie rack power amp turned all the way up on low power 15 Watts into my Marshall 2-15 cab on 8ohm mono. I use the to power amp out of the V-Twin and just turn the volume back on the Midiverb to control the volume. I call it my OMG tone cause when I found it I yelled Oh My God! Thanks

Sorry its a Midiverb II

Latest posts

Back