Delay issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrose1201

Reaction score
I am new to Mesa boogie amps. I recently bought the Mark V 35. Previously I had been using a Carvin V3M which while a nice amp it was but a fraction of the MB. For delay I had been using a Tech 21 RK Flyrig. While that sounded ok on the Carvin it really didn’t sound as good to me on the Mark V. I had switched to the RK from an MXR Carbon Copy because I didn’t like how that one sounded so much on the Carvin. Maybe it’s a function of delay oedala, I don’t know, but I am looking for a delay that when I kick it in delays cleanly. It seems to me that the RK really colors and chokes the tone of the amp when it’s on. Generally I like to use it for something just a little longer than a slap back. Mostly to add a string between notes if you will so that when you stop playing the notes hangs and repeats just a couple of tunes before dying out. Does anyone have suggestions on a delay that plays well with the Mark V?

Although I’ve owned my Lonestar a while now, I only recently discovered why my delays sounded distorted in the effects loop. Not sure if this applies to the MkV as well, or other MBs, but each channels master volume on the Lonestar also controls the signal strength through the loop. If you have the MV set high, then the modulation effects in the loop distort. I now keep the MVs lower, around 10oclock and instead raise the amp master higher. Effects now sound much clearer.

i was not really hearing ANY chorus, it was all in my head
so i cannot have chorus and delay in my clean Green, and just delay in my leads? without having to go 100wet in the loop

Latest posts

Back