I dont care what anybody says...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrorizer

Reaction score
The V-1 Bottle Rocket OD is theeee best...
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted:
8) [/img]

Terrorizer said:
The V-1 Bottle Rocket OD is theeee best...
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted:
8) [/img]

I've heard a lot of good about the V-1 but have never tried one. I have had a V-Twin since they were introduced and have used it to get that Mesa sound from just about any amp setup. What is the actual difference between the two?

Well they both use 2 12ax7's, however The v-1 only has one channel of od/distortion.
The v-twin has 2 channels and 3 modes and is 'supposedly' voiced to be a recto. But most say it sounds more like a Mark III.

The V-1 is an Overdrive.
The V-twin is more a pre-amp.
I got a V-twin many years back when they were new on the scene and I did'nt care for it to much.
I do really like the V-1 though.
I think the reason is than I simply wanted to add OD and not change my tone as a whole at the time.
I was really "scared" to try the V-1 cuz' I was thinkin' I was gonna be let down again when really I did'nt understand what the V-twin was about.
Pre-amp in a pedal.
8) 8) 8) 8)
8) 8) 8)
8) 8)
:wink:

I like my v-twin sound! In the petrucci-forum they posted pics of JPs rectifier road king, so I took these amp settigs (gain 3-5 o´clock; bass 2 o´clock; mids 11 o´clock; treble 11 o´clock; presence 9-12 o´clock) and tried how it would sound on the v-twin. And the result sounds really great in my ears! Last week I ordered a mesa boogie 2:fifty power amp and I think with that it will sound much more better...

Mesa/Toobie said:
I like my v-twin sound! In the petrucci-forum they posted pics of JPs rectifier road king, so I took these amp settigs (gain 3-5 o´clock; bass 2 o´clock; mids 11 o´clock; treble 11 o´clock; presence 9-12 o´clock) and tried how it would sound on the v-twin. And the result sounds really great in my ears! Last week I ordered a mesa boogie 2:fifty power amp and I think with that it will sound much more better...

So your running ur v-twin straight into the 50:50?
Cool, I guess I'd just never heard of anyone doing that before.

I picked up a V-Twin myself, to add a few more channels to my Mrk III. Pretty sweet unit really.

I know this is a Mesa Forum, but I decided to go for the Soldano GTO as an added flavor to my Recto Tones.

It Gives me those fabulous Rich Thick Harmonically Rich Brown tones.

Anybody know how the V-Twin sounds directly into the P.A. or into a solidstate amp?

Could it be used as a backup for Boogie tone?

How about straight into a lap top for recording on trips or late at night? Easy Mesa tone without the weight and loudness?

This combination sounds excellent. I dialed in a big clean tone with some reverb, and threw the V Twin in front, and ended up with a great Tremoverb sound. Add in a GT7 with the V Twin, and you're there!
Un-godly! :shock:
ax. :twisted:

Back