Muff Pi in front of a Mesa? Mark5:35 vs Rectoverb25?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixthview

Reaction score
So I'm going to by a Mesa for the first time ever. The 2x12 slant is already a definite. But I am trying to decide between a Rverb25 and the MarkV35.
Unfortunately, I don't have any shops near me to even try them out so I YouTube them often.

The pedal I use most no matter what head I play out of is an IC Muff. I have been playing thru a 5150 script, and a Marshall JVM205 and I typically play strats with Lace Sensors.

Being a first time buyer of a Mesa, is there one that the Muff will work "better" with?
I hear so much that the verb is very vintage and has more body, but the MarkV35 can hit so many more realms... but comes off more compressed.

Also if it matters, I am a bedroom/den warrior. I don't gig and jam only rarely.

Thanks for any help!

I know I'm late to the party but I've never had a fuzz pedal play well with my single recto. It's just too bright and aggressive, it just sounds awful and harsh. Conversely, my RK II sounds great with fuzzes.

Back