Control Mark V with a BOss MS-3 with RJM AMP Gizmo Interface

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smalaney0728

Reaction score
I have looked at the RJM Music Mini Amp Gizmo & RJM Music Switch Gizmo Amplifier MIDI Interface as a way of controlling the Mark V 5-35 simultaneously with the effects in the MS-3 - via the MS-3 midi interface. While it looks like the Mini Amp Gizmo has the right connections I am just wondering anyone has done this with the Mesa Boogie Mark V 5-35 being “controlled (with a midi to latch translation)" by the Boss MS-3? As far as I can tell 4 button Mesa Boogie pedal has 5 active pins as follows:

1) +12V
2) Channel
3) EQ
4) Solo 1
5) Solo2

I think the Mini Amp Gizmo might do the trick if I can figure out what Midi CC messages need to be are sent from the MS-3 to the RJM device and then thru the 5 pin mesa Boogie provided cable to the amp, ultimately translating midi cc message to in to what i am guessing is basically a latch ON/OFF function to the amp. I have yet to call BOSS - but figured I would start at the amp end first to see if anyone has done such a configuration before..

Shawn0728

A bit easier http://eng.emcustom.eu/midi-interface.html
Boss ms-3 via midi -> midi interface -> Mark V ( using original footswitch cable )

Latest posts

Back