Which single foot switch for a stiletto ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffpowers

Reaction score
I have a stiletto deuce , and I find the stock foot switch bulky , and I only need to switch channel , so I got hold of a Mesa boogie single foot switch .

It works , but kind of the opposite to what I expect . The led on thecfootswitch comes on when switching to the rythmn (blue) channel and off when switching to the red lead channel .

I wondered if anyone knew a good single foot switch ?!

riffpowers said:
I have a stiletto deuce , and I find the stock foot switch bulky , and I only need to switch channel , so I got hold of a Mesa boogie single foot switch .

It works , but kind of the opposite to what I expect . The led on thecfootswitch comes on when switching to the rythmn (blue) channel and off when switching to the red lead channel .

Have you checked out the new design of the 2 button switch?

https://store.mesaboogie.com/stiletto-designs-footswitches/

this is relatively easy to do, if you know how to read a Mulitmeter and know how to solder. I own 2 Stilettos, but I'm not near either of them, atm, so I'm doing this from memory.

the original footswitch/cable is a TRS(tip-ring-sleeve) type, or Stereo. tip will be one 'channel' or function, ring another and sleeve would be the ground. this cable plugs into original Stiletto footswitch and is then split between the 2 footswitches for Solo and Channel selection. If you open up your existing switch, you'll see how this works, and I recommend doing that, just so you know for the future.

What you want is to find, from the original switch/cable, the one that switches the channel and NOT the solo boost.

Let's Pretend it's the Tip of the stereo cable you want to switch the channel - remember, I'm NOT saying it is, you need to use an Ohmmeter to figure that out, on the multimeter. do this without plugging the cable into the amp.

So, from the original stereo cable, imagine using one end to plug into your amp, (*as you've done before), and having the other end of that cable to a Tip Sleeve plug, (*or a Regular Mono guitar cable) - Make Sense?

IF you have a single button footswitch and a guitar cable you don't mind rewiring, all you would need to buy is a Stereo(TRS) plug and you can make this work.

With the Stereo Plug and wire the connection needed, (*The Tip of the stereo plug), then wire the ground, or sleeve to the other connection, leaving the Ring connection Un-soldered to anything.

Now, using this cable you've made, plug the stereo end into your amp, and the mono end into any single button On/Off switch, and TA-DAaaa, you're done.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Authorized Boogie said:
riffpowers said:

Have you checked out the new design of the 2 button switch?

https://store.mesaboogie.com/stiletto-designs-footswitches/

I bought a new redesigned Rectifier Recording Preamp footswitch and I like it. However, the LED for "Channel Selection" is counterintuitive. When Channel 1 is engaged, the Preamp LED turns Green and the footswitch LED turns Red. When Channel 2 is engaged, the Preamp LED turns Red and the footswitch LED turns Off. (The Solo Switch works normally.) I never saw this as a problem I could not overcome, but I also did not realize you redesigned all of your footswitches. (At the time of purchase, the Rectifier Recording Preamp was the only product with a redesigned footswitch.) If all the new footswitches work this way, I think LED Off = Channel 1/Rhythm and LED Red = Channel 2/Lead would make more sense to more people. I would never have said anything but since someone with a completely different amplifier is experiencing the same issue, I thought perhaps I should say something, just in case.

Back