Mesa RoadKing 2 + Mini Amp Gizmo issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fendersinger

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I recently found on the second hand market a RJM mini amp gizmo and a RRN midi cable. Both are in good condition, almost pristine.
My issue is that when i use my mesa road king 2, with the mesa footswitch it takes kind of some dancing skills to change a channel and an fx loop and a solo switches at the same time, that's why i purchased the mini gizmo to control the amp with my midi footswitch.

The fact is that when i start my amp, when i use the mesa footswitch i have the 4 channels lights of the switch on, and i have to stomp one of them at the beginning to be able to use it properly. Maybe this simultaneous lights show a midi discussion issue...
When using the mini amp gizmo in 4 channel amp mode, i just can't switch the channels but the loops, reverb, solo switches are ok and i assume it's because of the problem listed in the paragraph before (mini gizmo doesn't bear 4 simultaneous channel instructions ?)

So basically i would like to know if anyone has ever experienced this issue.

fendersinger said:
Hi everyone.

I recently found on the second hand market a RJM mini amp gizmo and a RRN midi cable. Both are in good condition, almost pristine.
My issue is that when i use my mesa road king 2, with the mesa footswitch it thtaakes kind of some dancing skills to change a channel and an fx loop and a solo switches at the same time, that's why i purchased the mini gizmo to control the amp with my midi footswitch.

The fact is that when i start my amp, when i use the mesa footswitch i have the 4 channels lights of the switch on, and i have to stomp one of them at the beginning to be able to use it properly. Maybe this simultaneous lights show a midi discussion issue...
When using the mini amp gizmo in 4 channel amp mode, i just can't switch the channels but the loops, reverb, solo switches are ok and i assume it's because of the problem listed in the paragraph before (mini gizmo doesn't bear 4 simultaneous channel instructions ?)

So basically i would like to know if anyone has ever experienced this issue.

Have you setup the Mini Amp Gizmo to handle a 4 chan amp? That's the only thing that comes to mind if it's not switching the 4 chans on the amp. Have you tried pushing the chan buttons themselves on the front panel of the amp gizmo? dp they switch the amp channels?

I have the same setup so I should be able to help hopefully.

I did set the gizmo using the 4th quick setup mode which is the 4 chan mode.
I tried using the gizmo buttons directly and none of the channel ones works, but from 5 to 8 they work as forecasted (loops solo and reverb activations)

fendersinger said:
I did set the gizmo using the 4th quick setup mode which is the 4 chan mode.
I tried using the gizmo buttons directly and none of the channel ones works, but from 5 to 8 they work as forecasted (loops solo and reverb activations)

That's strange I can only think its either the interface cable itself or maybe try a factory reset on the mini amp gizmo. Is it set to the correct midi channel?

I have a Roadster with the RJM but haven't used it in a while.

Have a look at this video. It could give you some hints:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHhod8y7Oxo

Try a hard reset on the RJM.

RJM cable could be defective or the cable could have poor solder connection to the connector pins. Pull the connector apart and have a look.

Yanking cables over time causes cables to stress. You don't really know if the cable has been treated with care.

Latest posts

Back