The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:14 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Hi everyone.

I recently found on the second hand market a RJM mini amp gizmo and a RRN midi cable. Both are in good condition, almost pristine.
My issue is that when i use my mesa road king 2, with the mesa footswitch it takes kind of some dancing skills to change a channel and an fx loop and a solo switches at the same time, that's why i purchased the mini gizmo to control the amp with my midi footswitch.

The fact is that when i start my amp, when i use the mesa footswitch i have the 4 channels lights of the switch on, and i have to stomp one of them at the beginning to be able to use it properly. Maybe this simultaneous lights show a midi discussion issue...
When using the mini amp gizmo in 4 channel amp mode, i just can't switch the channels but the loops, reverb, solo switches are ok and i assume it's because of the problem listed in the paragraph before (mini gizmo doesn't bear 4 simultaneous channel instructions ?)

So basically i would like to know if anyone has ever experienced this issue.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:53 am 
Mark III

fendersinger wrote:
Hi everyone.

I recently found on the second hand market a RJM mini amp gizmo and a RRN midi cable. Both are in good condition, almost pristine.
My issue is that when i use my mesa road king 2, with the mesa footswitch it thtaakes kind of some dancing skills to change a channel and an fx loop and a solo switches at the same time, that's why i purchased the mini gizmo to control the amp with my midi footswitch.

The fact is that when i start my amp, when i use the mesa footswitch i have the 4 channels lights of the switch on, and i have to stomp one of them at the beginning to be able to use it properly. Maybe this simultaneous lights show a midi discussion issue...
When using the mini amp gizmo in 4 channel amp mode, i just can't switch the channels but the loops, reverb, solo switches are ok and i assume it's because of the problem listed in the paragraph before (mini gizmo doesn't bear 4 simultaneous channel instructions ?)

So basically i would like to know if anyone has ever experienced this issue.

Have you setup the Mini Amp Gizmo to handle a 4 chan amp? That's the only thing that comes to mind if it's not switching the 4 chans on the amp. Have you tried pushing the chan buttons themselves on the front panel of the amp gizmo? dp they switch the amp channels?

I have the same setup so I should be able to help hopefully.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 am 
Bottle Rocket

I did set the gizmo using the 4th quick setup mode which is the 4 chan mode.
I tried using the gizmo buttons directly and none of the channel ones works, but from 5 to 8 they work as forecasted (loops solo and reverb activations)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:24 am 
Mark III

fendersinger wrote:
I did set the gizmo using the 4th quick setup mode which is the 4 chan mode.
I tried using the gizmo buttons directly and none of the channel ones works, but from 5 to 8 they work as forecasted (loops solo and reverb activations)

That's strange I can only think its either the interface cable itself or maybe try a factory reset on the mini amp gizmo. Is it set to the correct midi channel?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:14 am 
Mark III

I have a Roadster with the RJM but haven't used it in a while.

Have a look at this video. It could give you some hints:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHhod8y7Oxo

Try a hard reset on the RJM.

RJM cable could be defective or the cable could have poor solder connection to the connector pins. Pull the connector apart and have a look.

Yanking cables over time causes cables to stress. You don't really know if the cable has been treated with care.

If you're interested in the chicken head knob replacement on my Roadster amp, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=69901&p=476098#p476098