FluxDrive w/ Strymon Flint problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green_henry

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been using a FluxDrive in front of my Blue Angel for a while now and it has always sounded great.

I picked up a Strymon Flint and put that in front of the Blue Angel and it sounds fantasic too.

I finally got around to using the FluxDrive and the Strymon together, in front of the amp, and it sounds great when the FluxDrive is on, but as soon as I turn the FluxDrive off, the volume drops to barely audible. At first I thought it might be a battery issue with the FluxDrive but it behaves exactly the same way with a power supply (the Strymon is always using a power supply).

I can move the Strymon to the effects loop, but I like the simpler up-front setup. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some hidden toggle switch on the FluxDrive or the Strymon that I don't know about?

Thanks

Is your Strymon in true bypass or buffered bypass? Might be a buffer issue.

Does it happen if you swap the order of your Flint/Mesa? I found so dirt pedals like a buffer after them and that can cause volume drops(at least I've experienced that in my rigs from time to time)

It was a circumstantial issue (for lack of a better term). Normally, I have my effects chain all setup before I power up the amp. On the few occasions when I experienced this problem, I was swapping different pedals (a FluxDrive and a Big Muff) into the chain while everything was powered up.

Back