Another Cab Clone Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amrose57

Reaction score
OK, a question for those of you who have a Cab Clone or similar device. As some of you know, I do a solo thing now, and as such, that coupled with my age (and back) requires things to be as light as they can be. As an example, I recently replaced my JBL passive wedges with JBL Eons, saving 17 pounds per speaker (3), and a Crown power amp. It's really telling when I have to lift 2 of them up to place them on the speaker stands. 26 pound is WAY mo'betta than 43 pounds.

So, my current amp cabinet is a Forte' 3D clone made from solid Cherry....45 pounds loaded. An awesome sounding cabinet, but heavy. My thought is to use the Cab Clone (Express amp) going directly into my mixer (Soundcraft) and folding me back to my floor wedge. If I do this I will save another 45 pounds of lifting AND save space in the SUV. Now for my question: I have always had my amp behind me, and rarely have had to use a mic, so my brain is programmed to hear it behind me. How big of an adjustment is it to now only have my guitar sound coming from the floor wedge instead of behind me. Thoughts anyone?

BTW - I'm going to post this on TGP as well.

Al

Back