Anyone using the Eventide H9?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamland

Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about getting one of the three models to use as my main pedal effect. For Mesa, I have the Mark V head with a Royal Atlantic 2x12 cabinet.
If you have used or own an H9, do you find it works betters before the input stage or in the FX loop?

I recently bought an H9 Core which I'm planning to fill with the H9 exclusive algorithms. Eventide designed the H9 to expect a guitar level signal so theoretically it should work better in front of the amp. I have used mine in the loops of both my Tech 21 Trademark 10 and Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 Combo and experienced no problems. With the H9 in front of my Tech 21 Trademark 10 it sounds great as well.

With that said, I also own the TimeFactor, PitchFactor, and Space. With the pedals running through my Mesa's FX loop and the switches set to Line Level, there is a subtle quality difference in favor of the Factor pedals. The PitchFactor shows the difference the most. Is this a big deal? It depends. I bought the Factor pedals for recording purposes but I think the H9 would works best in performance situations. The H9 is cleverly designed and the newest update adds some really useful features. :D

For me, the thing that makes the H9 max so great is the bluetooth and USB control. The H9 desktop app is great, and the bluetooth apps on the phone are like magic. There are so many controls and params that leaning over setting by hand would be a nightmare. I wish all pedals, esp stuff like the Strymon Timeline, supported this kind of interface...it changes everything.

Very expensive pedal. But the control, the sound, and great support from Eventide offer something unique if you can spare the bread.

The H9 is a great pedal . I run it before the amp and also in the loop of my Mark V using the pre/post function and therefore foregoing any stereo effects ( that I don't need with 1 amp). I have had no issues at all with different levels of signal and leave my loop settings on the amp at unity.

I've used the h9 successfully in the fx loops of several amps pretty much since Eventide released it. Very powerful unit and works great, especially in a midi oriented environment.

Latest posts

Back