Mesa Roadster RJM Mini Amp Gizmo and GT-10

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0mn1p0tent

Reaction score
Using a Mesa Roadster controlled by a with a Mini Amp Gizmo (MAG) and GT-10.

MAG changes channels when I switch patches just fine. I now want to use CTL1 and CTL2 as latched switches for solo and reverb functions.

Here is the problem:
No matter what I configure the CTL1 and CTL2 switch modes on the GT-10 they function as momentary instead of latched (toggle). I can get solo, mute and revered to work with MIDI CC but I have to keep the switch pressed.

Anyone else using this combination of gear and experienced this issue? How did you solve it? I have written to RJM and will now try Boss to see if they have
a solution.

Workaround:
Duplicate patches stored in sequence one without and one with solo then advanced patches to get the boost. With some songs requiring more than one solo boost and effect toggles this might be cumbersome.

I have some more info:

I hooked my GT-10 to a laptop and logged the events. I get two events every time I press and release the pedal.

Press 0002A643 1 -- B0 5D 7F 1 --- CC: Chorus Depth
Release 0002A720 1 -- B0 5D 00 1 --- CC: Chorus Depth

I cannot seem to configure the GT-10 to send only one event and alternate every time I press the pedal.

Anyone else do this and have this issue?

No response yet from Boss but I have done a lot more research and basically there is no way to handle this via MIDI. The CC function on the GT-10 is momentary.

BUT there is hope.
The GT-10 has an amp control feature that allows you to toggle a two channel amp. I ran a 1/4 inch jack from the GT-10 amp control jack to the solo jack on the back of the Roadster. I configured my CTL1 pedal to the amp control feature and Voila, I can control the boost function. The amp control can be assigned to the ctl 1 2 3 or 4 switches.

As far as mute goes I will just control that on the input side with the volume pedal.

Back