Mesa cabinet piping

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortaus

Reaction score
Hey (first post, long time viewer), has anybody had experience with replacing the piping on their Mesa cabinets? I have a chance to score a really good deal on a Stiletto straight 4x12 but I can't stand the white piping and would like to replace it with black piping. My only other option is to wait for a traditional recto cabinet which don't come up very often (one came up the other day after 6 months of searching but the guy sold it locally before I could get it). Has anyone ever done this themselves or know how it could be done on these cabs without ruining the grill cloth or cabinet itself? Being in Australia the only authorized dealer/repairer is 3 hours away and interstate, they have basically said they can't do it due to the inability to source the exact parts from Mesa anymore. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
I've replaced piping on other amps before. The piping itself is a piece of cake. Grill cloth can be pretty difficult to get straight. With the piping, just work a small, flat head screwdriver under the staples until you get it high enough to oull out with pliers. Then, go around and use a staple gun to affix the new piping. Like I said, piece of cake!
Good luck!
Brad

Latest posts

Back