Boogie 5 band EQ in front of a rectifier.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony777

Reaction score
Hey!
Has anyone here tried the boogie 5 band EQ in front of the rectifier?

I like to boost my recto preamp and I'm using a Boss GEQ7 and raise the mids a lot, the 400, 800 and 1600Hz is raised about 10-15 dB and then I get my desired sound. The only problem is that the Boss is very noisy.

So my question is the Boogie EQ silent?

Thanks
Tony

I run mine in the loop and it is the best thing that has ever plugged into a rectifier in my opinion.

Haven't tried the mesa eq, but between the boss7 and the mxr models I found the mxr6 to be by far the best at front-end boosting my rectifiers.

I also just used it to push the mids up. I found the mxr6 to be the quietest and most pure sounding of the bunch. (not any surprise being that it doesn't have the gain/level stages in the circuit).
I really didn't like the mxr10 out front, just sounded too "processed" IMO.

I've used mine both in front and in the loop of my Recto...works well although I prefer it in the loop...when I use it in front I usually boost some mids for solos to compensate for a slight mid cut for my rhythm tone...it's pretty quiet in both places

Back