Pls Help-----Amp Switch Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o_o1928

Reaction score
Hi all,

I get a 2nd hand boogie dc-5 combo recenlty, which the channel, eq and reverb features are foot switchable. However, it didn't come with any foot switch........

Its hard to get the orig. switch cos this model was discontinued.
Any suggestion for me??
I don't want to use any effect pedal for the captioned features cos its a waste for the decent tone from the amp itself.

Specs:
channel switch(rhythm and lead): 1/4'' jack input
EQ and Reverb switch for another 1/4'' jack input

Is it all pedals for channel(rhythm and lead) switch with 1/4'' jack are inter-changable?
What's more, is it all pedals with two buttoms using the 1/4'' jack are inter-changable??

Any suggestion for replacement??

Many thx and Best Regards,
Vic Lau

I used to have a DC-5, the newer design. The switch it came with was for the channel and EQ settings, with a hardwired cable that plugged into the front switch jack. There was a separate jack in back for a reverb footswitch.

Mesa's online store has the switches for both yours and my old amp's design for sale, but they're pricey.
http://store.yahoo.com/mesa/dcsers.html

If you don't want to go that route, Morley used to make something called the RFS-2, a dual function switch that that accepted a stereo cable. This would work in place of the DC-5 dual switch. Any single function on/off footswitch will work with the other jack (Morley also had the RFS-1 which did this, using a mono cable). Both these items are discontinued, but you may find them cheap on Evil-Bay.

Hi cvansickle,

Thx for ur info.
Finding suitable replacement now....
but did morley ship to foreign countries??
cos i am from Hong Kong....

Many thx and best regards,
Vic Lau

I don't know about Morley and shipping, I don't think they sold direct. I always bought my pedals through dealers. Since both of those products are discontinued, you'll have to find second-hand sources anyway.

Mesa sells theirs direct, so check with them on the international shipping. It will be costly, I'm sure.

Hey, Vic - I was browsing the Hosa site, and I came across this switch:

FSC-385.gif

It also uses a stereo cable like the Morley RFS-2, but the Hosa is actually still in production.

http://www.hosatech.com

Back