CabClone: 2nd Revision?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midifail

Reaction score
Hi.
I purchased a CabClone today.
My first Impression is positive, but i am a little confused:
My device looks different to those on MESAs Website (mine is not all black) an mine is rated @ 100 Watts, while the CabClone on the Photos from the Website says 150 Watts.
There are even two different Manuals in the Download Section.

Are there any internal differences, which make the units sound different?
Why a second revision in such a short time?
I´m a little disappointed, that my unit seems to be outdated from day one... :-/

Mesa is making them in 150 watts so you can run them safely with the Road King and Triple Recto.
I'm not clear on why you'd be disappointed. Unless you have an amp that produces over 100 watts you have the correct cab clone.

Since there is no way of choosing which one i need (100 Watts or 150 Watts) as i could for Impedance (4 Ohm, 8 Ohm or 16 Ohm Version), i think the 150 Watt Model is not a Version of the original CabClone. To me it seems, as if the black CabClone is a new Revision.

I´d be fine with mine, as long a the difference is only the Wattage Thing and cosmetics...

Came to talk to the local Mesa distributor:
The black CabClone replaces the silver and black one.
The new one handles 150w instead of 100w.

midifail said:
Came to talk to the local Mesa distributor:
The black CabClone replaces the silver and black one.
The new one handles 150w instead of 100w.

I would never run my 100 watt head full up, nor even half way up. I don't like buying tubes every two weeks. :)

I've been borrowing a friends cabclone (thinking about buying it off him, not really sure yet, since I'm really just using it as a headphone amp with my Mark V head haha) and I'm curious. I thought the silver one was the 100w one and the black one was the 150w one? My friends is 100w but black. Does he have some weird inbetween model, or am I misunderstanding things? It works perfectly, I'm just curious about this.

Back