Small Review of Cab Clone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevan5150

Reaction score
I bought this to use mainly during worship service at church to use with any of my amps I decide to use on any given sunday. Well this past sunday i chose the mini recto head, set to pushed with master cranked and gain at 11 oclock. Our sound guy (who is a long time boogie user also) said it sounded really really incredible, and he could have sworn my cabinet was mic'd up. I had my cabinet on stage just to set my head on, wasn't plugged in at all. He ordered one that night for his heads.

ryjan said:
Good to hear. How does the headphone jack sound?
Its funny you ask that lol
I am currently sitting at my office desk using it with my mini rec with Westone UM3x triple driver inears and its sounds really really good. I am totally happy with purchase, i need to try it with my other amps.

Sounds very good to me with speaker still attached and clone into my recording software or monitoring.
I don't like it with speaker disconnected though. Then it has a passive load and sounds/feels kinda sterile/brittle/full spectrum to me. (EDIT: Wait see next post!)

It doesn't do it for me silently but I am still happy with it for recording/monitoring/FOH purposes

I want to add that after some more experimenting I find passive load (without speaker connected) does very well for practicing silently late at night. It sounds different than active load with speaker connected, maybe much more like a guitar plugin such as guitar rig (but better). So it isn't that bad to me. It's just different and I am getting used to it.

Back