[audio] Cab Clone + Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I've just added a playlist on sound cloud https://soundcloud.com/dlpasco/sets/cab-clone-shootout.

I have a recording I made at a fairly low volume with my Rectifier 2x12 cabinet, recorded with two Sennheiser e609s, along with another I made with the Cab Clone at about the same volume. Then I did another recording with the amp opened up (Master Volume and Lead Volumes both at about 3) using the Closed Back and Open Back settings.

To me, the ability to record at high volumes is a big plus, and it's about a third the price of the Two Notes Torpedo Live. On the other hand, dual mics can really capture the cabinet and the room a lot better. The Cab Clone sounds about like what I'd expect if I miced the amp with a single SM57, and that ain't bad, especially when you let the amp open it's throat a little.

I'm going to keep playing around with this. One thing is for sure, two microphones at high volume might be the very best, but my wife and kids like the Cab Clone a *lot*.

-Daniel

Back