Mesa has released the CAB CLONE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalfT85

Reaction score
Check it out:

http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/pedals/cab-clone-simulator.html

The CABCLONE™ is a passive Cabinet Simulator/Speaker+Mic alternative with a built-in Amp Load. It provides a direct interface of your guitar amp’s Speaker Output to the input of a mixing console, microphone preamp or even direct to your converters (recorder) with or without the need for a speaker cabinet. It’s also a Compensated Headphone Driver that delivers a great sounding, great feeling headphone-friendly version of your amp’s Tone that’s perfect for late night practice sessions or anytime you want to play without others listening.

Looks very cool. The only thing I don't really like is having a different version based on speaker ohms.

ned said:
Looks very cool. The only thing I don't really like is having a different version based on speaker ohms.
ned said:

I'm really interested in this. I wonder if there is a plan to make it switchable.

Looks really cool.
The demo videos don't do it much justice though. Really scratchy and clippy sounding. Is that just an inherent trait of PRS pups or something?

I ordered one- in 4ohm to use with my Mark V RK212cab...
WHEN DO THEY START SHIPPING???
I cant imagine a tremendous amount of demand for the 4ohm out of the gate...

Authorized Boogie said:
elpingua said:
http://store.mesahollywood.com/accc8.html

Love it!!! But what about one in the future rated for 150w amps?

I'm sure unless you dimed a triple/trident it would likely never cause a problem, but I for one wouldn't want to do anything that would void both warranties.
Great product regardless.

Want. WANT!! Any plans for a model with an attenuator to tame the live speaker??? That would be really handy for 100 watt beasts like my '78 Mk II HR.

I'd rather get the Torpedo Live. It has an attenuator, USB, s/pdif, midi and it actually sounds good. This doesn't.

The Torpedo Live is significantly more $$$, needs a rack, and power. I like the form and function of the Clone. I'm pretty sure it will sound decent in my hands....

nakedzen said:
and it actually sounds good. This doesn't.
Where did you get a chance to play a Cab Clone? Or are you passing judgment of this product based solely off a poor quality recording?

Hi folks....new here but have been lurking for years.

This looks like a great product for the price! I ordered one as well. I had a Torpedo live which is a great unit as well but 3x the price. I sold it and moved to Kemper for the majority of my recording. For me, this was an easy choice. Technically, I can go out of my new recto-verb 25 rackmount and into this, out through the 1/4 inch and use my two-notes Wos III plugin on my DAW and virtually get the same tone as I would with the Torpedo. If I want some change or different tone, out through the cab clone and use the built in emulations. Works for me!

Can't wait! Thx Mesa!

I'm considering buying one as well. Mesa released the manual which may clear up some confusion: http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/cabclone_1.pdf

Laskyman said:
I play a Mark V- almost exclusively in 10 watt mode. No attenuator? No worries....
Uf, I need one even on 5W on my Express plus 5 50. :(

I think I'm going to get one for my Mini Rec. That way, I can record using my "live" band levels (nearly dimed master vol) and not piss off my Mrs. - rather than set the amp at low volume, put the cab in the closet with a mic, and still piss off the Mrs. :lol:

Latest posts

Back