External switching activates two channels?! 2 bulbs lit

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 37820

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Now, This has never done this before and wondered if I am doing anything wrong. I use my G system relay switches, to switch channels on my Triple Rectifier and JCM900. My JCM900 is fine. It switches between the Lead Channel and Clean Channel, like it is supposed to BUT, my Triple on the other hand, now, does not do this.
I know that Channel 2 is the default Channel when the knob at the back is set to FT-SW, which is what I have to set it to, before I use external switching. I have one (mono) Jack Cable coming from Switch 1 of my G System to Channel 1 external switch Jack input on the back on my Triple. When I activated the relay before, it selected Channel 1 fine, disabling Channel 2, but now, it activates both Channels, 1 and 2, the Orange and Green bulbs are both on and my amp makes a buzzing sound, an electrical buzzing sound. When I first heard this, I quickly turned off my amp, as to me, it sounded like it was getting louder. I turned off the Relay Switch on the G System and turned the Triple back on and then switched the Relay back on to activate Channel 1, and again, both bulbs light up and a buzzing sound starts again. The cable I'm using, I put into my JCM900, but there is no issue with the cable as it switches from Lead to Clean perfectly. I then tested this cable on Channel 3 of my Triple and the same thing happened, both the Red and Orange bulbs were lit and that buzzing sound started again.

If someone has come across this problem and has fixed it, it would be awesome to know the fix as it may be a trip to the repair guy if this sounds abnormal.

Thank you in advance

Latest posts

Back