Question about 5:25 Express Plus footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfinboy

Reaction score
I just got a Mesa Boogie 5:25 Express Plus - the 4-button footswitch is big and clunky and the mechanical footswitches are very loud, and I'm not sure if I have the need to change all 4 parameters with my feet. I could probably start with a single-button switch (probably as a channel changer), or perhaps having a 2-button to control channel and boost. I'd love to get one that has silent or "clickless" changing, like the big Line 6 pedals. I know about the Boss FS-5L footswitch, but I hate the fact that it needs batteries. I've had Peavey and Fender amps with footswitches that had standard 1/4" jacks, and the Fender one lit up (green/red), and neither of them needed a battery. Mesa Boogie says I don't need something that's powered - any latch switch that's "tip to ground" should do the trick. I don't completely get tip to ground and how to know if I'm getting a switch that is such. What's the deal and where do I find the best solution?

I saw a small, four button switch on ebay. I've thought about getting it but I don't want to pay the $100 it costs.

Agree, a small two button for channel switching and solo boost would be ideal. The four button takes up WAY TOO MUCH on the pedal board.

Back