Mesa/Boogie 5 Band EQ Footage Released!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good.
Any idea when they may be available for sale?

And do you guys run EQ's in the effects loop or in front?
What are the advantages/disadvantages?

I preorder mine from Sweetwater I was told they will be available at the beginning of May I sent an email to Mesa because I'm going to use mine with my triaxis and they told me to put it on loop

Pmercado said:
I sent an email to Mesa because I'm going to use mine with my triaxis and they told me to put it on loop

I wonder if the same applies with the new Throttle Box version EQ. :?:

Dino. said:
Sounds good.
Any idea when they may be available for sale?

And do you guys run EQ's in the effects loop or in front?
What are the advantages/disadvantages?

sweetwater already have'em (pre-order). both the EQ and the Throttle box with EQ:

http://www.sweetwater.com/c977--Mesa_Boogie--Compressors_and_EQ

I'm hoping to demo all 3 sometime in the future... I think they're a great idea( keeping in mind the mk series amps are mid heavy to begin with,so the eq always worked well with those amps)..demoing it on a recto?.rectos seem to be voiced different to begin with( lower mids)...so far a couple other forums aren't giving the eq pedal much love yet..I want to like them....try em in person is always the best..maybe now we can all ditch our mxr 10 & 6 bands?

I'll probably preorder mine from Sweetwater. I'm looking to use it in the effects loop of my Tremoverb. There is also a Flux Drive version of which I'm not sure I want to get, as I already have a regular Flux Drive that I got back in December. I'll be definitely getting the Graphic EQ, though. I have multiple uses I can use it for besides with the Tremoverb.

These new EQ pedals are awesome.
I'm so glad I waited and didn't rush out to buy one of the standard Mesa pedals.

I'm currently using a TS9 and was thinking about maybe adding an EQ in the loop.
Then I saw these new pedals. :D

Can I replace my TS9 for a Flux Five or maybe a Throttle Box (EQ version)?
I would be using it as a clean boost so I'm guessing the Flux Five would be a better choice?
Has anyone A/B'd a Tube Screamer vs. a Flux Drive pedal?
Does anyone know which is the better clean boost?

really enjoyed the flux drive and throttle box versions! I can see where those 2 will definitely be showin up on some pedalboards.

Dino. said:
These new EQ pedals are awesome.
I'm so glad I waited and didn't rush out to buy one of the standard Mesa pedals.

I'm currently using a TS9 and was thinking about maybe adding an EQ in the loop.
Then I saw these new pedals. :D

Can I replace my TS9 for a Flux Five or maybe a Throttle Box (EQ version)?
I would be using it as a clean boost so I'm guessing the Flux Five would be a better choice?
Has anyone A/B'd a Tube Screamer vs. a Flux Drive pedal?
Does anyone know which is the better clean boost?

The Flux Five and Throttle Box may be a bit too much gain agains a TS9, and may or may not work as a clean boost. If you're looking for a clean boost, the Tone Burst or Grid Slammer might be your best bet. I have a Flux Drive and have A/B'd it with an 808, and you really have to dial the level and gain down on the Flux Drive to get it to where the 808 is.

Love the look and idea of these pedals. These will surely give my Electra Dyne and Royal a whole lot of different sounds.

My gut is telling me that the new high gain mode on the flux 5 is going to be capable of Mark type lead tones, can anyone verify that? I know not much info is out yet. I just picked up a Roadster, and i'm flipping my Mark IV because of it. If the Flux 5 can approximate a Mark lead tone, I'll be all over it.

protest said:
My gut is telling me that the new high gain mode on the flux 5 is going to be capable of Mark type lead tones, can anyone verify that? I know not much info is out yet. I just picked up a Roadster, and i'm flipping my Mark IV because of it. If the Flux 5 can approximate a Mark lead tone, I'll be all over it.
The Flux Drive/Five is touted by many (in the various forums and by a few I know personally) to be the "Mark in a box" pedal out of the lot. Now, which Mark?...that's anybody's guess.

KiwiJoe said:
protest said:
The Flux Drive/Five is touted by many (in the various forums and by a few I know personally) to be the "Mark in a box" pedal out of the lot. Now, which Mark?...that's anybody's guess.

From the description it sounds like Mark I ish type lead tone. I talked to someone at Boogie, and they said that they don't consider it a Mark in a box pedal, but that it has a lot of the characteristics that you think of when talking about the Mark amps. Specifically the tight, articulate, and singing sustain lead tones. Someone else mentioned it was similar to the Lonestar lead, which I think is similar to a Mark I tone.

So while it might not be a Mark in a box, it seems like it's going to do what most of us want it to do...like a different flavor of Mark tone. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I just got this pedal today, it sounds amazing with my triaxis, the video really does not do it justice. It is what the triaxis had been missing all this years

Did you just put it in the loop and turn the dynamic voice on the Triaxis to 0? I gotta get one of these for mine.

Glad to hear it. Sounds like Petrucci is now using it in his rig as well
http://mesaboogie.com/news/2014/04/john-petrucci-and-the-boogie-five-band-graphic-eq-pedal/

Back