Mesa Roadster Footswitch Options

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicktght311

Reaction score
Love my mesa roadster, HATE how huge the footswitch is.

Just curious if anyone has any experience using any other options? I've seen some pedals on ebay by voodooman and the like that utilize the external switching jacks, but also curious if the Mark V footswitch would work with the roadster? Although i could see the 3 vs 4 channels being an issue. the 4th channel might not switch properly even if it was accessed via the equivalent 4th button on the footswitch since the mesa's switching requires OFF condition on the other channels for a channel to be selected

It works - no issues

I interchange mine in the studio, which is just laziness, but as both foot switchers work with either amp through the same cable ...

So basically the bottom 4 buttons of the Mark V footswitch control the 4 channel functions, and the top 4 control the functions such as reverb, FX, Mute, and Boost?

No issues at all?

From a pedalboard standpoint, it just adds extra length to the pedalboard vs a 4x4 design. Especially having a volume and wah pedal on the board too

I'm not sure how you got this to work for all functions - the Pin-out is different on the Roadster than it is on the MK5. Pin 8 and the Shield are used in the MK5 and not connected in the Roadster, and a few of the pins are entirely different between the 2 models.

Thanks!

Back