Mesa V-Twin rack footswitch pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan

Reaction score
Does anyone have to show me the guts of the inside? i need to repair it but cannot without schematics or pics of the circuit displaying how and where wires go. Thanks a bunch
lf7b.jpg
pv5x.jpg
rw8v.jpg
e7yr.jpg

If connect those wires (as the dashed green line shows) then where should the 2nd wire (the dead-endy one coming up from the red led) go?
xz74.jpg

Megan said:
If connect those wires (as the dashed green line shows) then where should the 2nd wire (the dead-endy one coming up from the red led) go?
xz74.jpg
I am no expert by any means, so I'm *guessing" that it serves the same purpose for its LED - power from the amp - as the blue wire coming off the other LED that connects to the cable input jack. I'd try that.

And that dashed green line might not be right, either. On the other switch that same wire off its LED goes to some diode-looking thing that is between the LED and the switch, and I'm betting that the one you're asking about is supposed to have one, too. This is a combination parallel-series circuit; each switch is able to operate independently of the other as well as in conjunction with each other. So I'd treat each switch identically.

Or you could just drop $40 +shipping and order a new *application specific* switch from these guys: http://www.switchdoctorswitches.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=254&virtuemart_category_id=25

Mesa%20Boogie%20V%20Twin%20Preamp%20Footswitch%202.jpg

KiwiJoe said:
I am no expert by any means, so I'm *guessing" that
Hi, thanx for helping ,dont worry bros, you're welcome all the same. im no experienced as well. :)
do not own no v-twin rackmount amp (its own amp),so i dont know if it'll work with other amps as well.
KiwiJoe said:
Or you could just drop $40 +shipping and order a new *application specific* switch from these guys
get it but actually i want sell mine, so ild prefer get to restore,repair it without buying another one. ill try to search to get someone who have this pedal and ask him if he can look inside the guts and tell me about which wire onto which terminal there's need to link.
KiwiJoe said:
And that dashed green line might not be right, either. On the other switch that same wire off its LED goes to some diode-looking thing that is between the LED and the switch, and I'm betting that the one you're asking about is supposed to have one, too.
that's diode is a 10-Ohm 1watt resistor. yeah, i agree: i think someone missed a resistor. Ive got a good one from a teachman. But he couldn't tell me nothing more coz he dont know the schematics.
However here's four solutions that comes up into my mind. please anyone feels free to suggest me which's the correct one (or the one that it's more close to the right way):

A)
cedc.jpg
B)
ui04.jpg

C)
978u.jpg
D)
qyb4.jpg

have got a resistor then i've chosen the A) solution, but it does not work or better i do not if it works when plugged into a v-twin rackmount amp (but i havent) however no LED turns on. The good thing is that the voltimeter works. just leds no woeking suppose. i own no v-twin amp rack so i tried to plug this pedal into a marshall 9200 but it does not work (unfortunately ive no premp but just the power amp so i dont think it can change the channel w/o a preamp lol ). But it'ld have to work with any kind of amps suppose. at least the LEDs should get to turn on when you plug it but it seems died.
jt2l.jpg

Hi Megan,

Each Manufacturer's Footswitch is specific to the amplifier... rarely can they be interchanged without losing functionality and possibly causing damage to the amplifier.

Here is a gut-shot from the STOCK V-twin Rack Foot-switch... This particular switch was modified with a 1/4 " stereo plug as opposed to a hard-wired cable, but, the wire colors are still the same...

RED= TIP
BLUE = RING
WHITE = SLEEVE

fsw.jpg

fsw_sch.jpg

Now, if I understand correctly, you do not have a V-Twin, but want to use the V-TWIN Footswitch to control a Marshall 9200 Power-amp...(blasphemy!) The circuitry is very different and you will require a 9 Volt battery installed in the footswitch for the LED's.

Here are a couple of schematics to help you rewire your Mesa footswitch with your Marshall.

9200_1.jpg

9200_2.jpg

With the cable option you will need to break-out the Mesa footswitch stereo plug to [2] mono plugs
With the 1/4" connector option, you would run [2] separate 1/4" cables from the Footswitch to the amp.

If you want to use LED's, you will have to replace both Mesa footswitches with DPST or DPDT Switches as the Mesa switches are SPDT and SPST...

At that point, Since you need to purchase [2] new switches, it might be easier to just purchase a third party footswitch :D

Here is a schematic using the Mesa Switch with the stock switches an no LEDs

9200_3.jpg

Please let me know if you require any clarification on the wiring.

PS if you want to switch the Voicing on Channel A and B simultaneously, the Marshall manual says that you only have to connect to the Channel A Remote Voicing Jack.

seeya

Joe

M E G A THANX bros!! that wiring was more difficult than i thought: i completally mistaken wrong about all with welding that black wire lol. very very appreciate, thanks very much with heart bros.
PS no, you didnt got: i dont want use it for a marshall 9200 (i used that amp just as trying the pedal): i want restore the pedal to sell it (it'll come back to drive a v-twin as the purpose of its birth).
i'll post a pic when end the job: im going to welding like your pic. thanks again

Back