Mesa Boogie Thiele Cabinet Concern

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MegaloManiac

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
Can someone help me out here please?
I just bought a used Mesa Boogie Theile Cabinet, w/o a speaker.
I went to install my EV12L Classic, and I found that the screw holes to mount the speaker are very very small in diameter, and will not accommodate/fit nor will screws that size support a large heavy speaker like the EV. Also, it doesn't look like there are T-Nuts on the wood.
Does this speaker mount with some kind of brackets ( I see 4 extra holes around the speaker cutout) ? If not, what do I do, drill out the screw holes and install compression nut?
Is this normal or did someone replace the front baffle? :?:

If anyone had a good close pic of their Thiele w/ EV mounted that would be great.

Thanks

the later thieles had celestion speakers instead of EV speakers - that may be what you have

Use coarse drywall screws (1-3/4" should be fine) and if you feel more comfortable using all of the mounting holes on the speaker, do so. You can drill pilot holes, but fresh screws should self-tap pretty well. That's speaker approaches 20lbs, so make sure it's secured. EV recommends T-nuts but my 2x12 only uses screws.

Latest posts

Back