V-Twin pedal not working correctly

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocknroll9225

Reaction score
Last year a former friend of mine got a used V-twin (version 2), and then gifted it to me after he found out it wasn't working :lol: It's been sitting on the shelf for a while but I figured I'd actually try to get it to work. Basically:

- The pedal seems to have a really weak output, with much less gain than you'd expect from it (and I know that these pedals aren't ridiculous high gain monsters, but this particular pedal isn't capable of the amount of gain I've heard on pretty much every V-twin clip I've come across).
- Nothing happens when you switch from blues to solo. I've tried really hard but I can't hear the sound change at all.

I've checked, and it's not a tube issue.

I've also opened up the pedal, and it looks like C35, C62, and C63 are missing. According to the schematic that I have (which, I have no idea how accurate it is, but it's all I have) C35 is a filter capacitor for the +12V supply and I don't even see a C62 or 63, unless I'm missing something... It's also occurred to me that those capacitors might be soldered to the underside of the PCB - which I have no way of knowing without seriously disassembling it, which is something I don't really feel confident doing - and I don't really know why they would be on the underside, but you never know. It also appears to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that the only thing that changes from solo to blues is the Q6 JFET switches a 100k resistor in and out of the NFB loop of one of the op-amp stages. I gave Q6 a quick look-over and nothing is visually wrong with it.

Any of you guys have any knowledge to bestow upon me? :D

mine it's a footswitch for the rackmount but need the schematic or pics of the circuit

Back