Nomad Switcher Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tptb73

Reaction score
I want to be able to use the Voodoo Lab GCX and the Ground Control for my Nomad. Is this possible? I see that RJM makes a special cable specifically for use with the Nomad...if using their products. The problem is that their products are significantly more expensive. I've searched the board and can't find an answer to my question. Has anyone been able to use the Voodoo Lab products with the Nomad? Also, does anyone know if the custom (RRN) cable made by RJM for the Nomad will work in terms of connecting the Voodoo Lab GCX to the Nomad footswitch input? Thanks.

The silly Nomad has no midi switching capabilties although it looks like it may. It uses a voltage divider coming into pin 3 on the DIN and sends different voltages to the amp to switch channels. You could make an external box with a 1/4' TRS plug and a female DIN connector if you want to be experimental. It will swich channels but no reverb, solo or EQ (Nomad 100 only). Pin 4 is reverb and pin 5 is solo. If you have a Nomad 100 the pins will be different as there will be more pins. Here's the link:

http://training.tcelectronic.tc/Files/Training/TCSI/images/answers/770/NOMAD_GMajor.pdf

Good luck. - Pat

shytfayse said:
The silly Nomad has no midi switching capabilties although it looks like it may. It uses a voltage divider coming into pin 3 on the DIN and sends different voltages to the amp to switch channels. You could make an external box with a 1/4' TRS plug and a female DIN connector if you want to be experimental. It will swich channels but no reverb, solo or EQ (Nomad 100 only). Pin 4 is reverb and pin 5 is solo. If you have a Nomad 100 the pins will be different as there will be more pins. Here's the link:

http://training.tcelectronic.tc/Files/Training/TCSI/images/answers/770/NOMAD_GMajor.pdf

Good luck. - Pat

Thanks for the reply! I will look into this.

Well, turns out that you can get the RJM device, which is a lot more expensive, and pay another $60 for a custom cable they make.

So, I bought a used Mark IV, and I'm selling off both my nomads. It's sad because I really love that middle orange channel on the Nomad more than anything. It's very hard to get a tone I like as much from the Mark IV on that channel.

Plus, there is not near as much gain on the middle channel of the mark iv

Sorry for all the posts. trying to get to 10 so I can post in the classifieds to sell my other nomad.

So, I wound up buying the voodoo lab gcx and the ground control to control my amp and pedals.

I got this idea of controlling my amp, G major, and pedals with the click of one button to change between sounds.

And it wound up costing more and more, to the point that I bought a new amp plus spend another $500 on the voodoo lab stuff and cables. eeks.

And I will be selling either the mark iv or the mark v, depending on whether or not I like the mark v a LOT more.

Back