POLL: Your favorite Mesa Amplification logo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is your favorite Mesa Amplification logo?

• Boogie

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • MESA/BOOGIE

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • MESA [ENGINEERING]

Votes: 22 37.9%

• Total voters

MichaelC4

Reaction score
What is your favorite logo from MESA?
Put in a vote!

Is there a story behind falling in love with or liking that logo?
Post up!

I'll start off by remembering back to '86, and all through high school, I would dream of the Mesa/Boogie logo on those metal grills.
They were the ultimate metal amps.
That's a short story of how it started for me.

My love affair began with the original Mark I (Super 60) back in the mid 70s, mainly due to Carlos Santana. Then I discovered the other Boogie players like Larry Carlton who had a similar tone that set them apart from the rest. It really was a sound like no other at that time, especially the vocal-like tone that had a bite and mid-punch yet with an unsaturated clarity at the same time. And that singing sustain - The first time I heard Europa, and the way the high G went on for days - that's what really did it for me.

So for me it's...

6ntub-Boogie_Logo.gif

I picked Engineering.
Just like it I guess, since its on my Express

Yeah, I'm big on the "MESA/Boogie" logo for Metal, that's what I have on my Mark III/Road ready cabinet rig. Metallica made it happen for me back then. The "Boogie" logo looks great on my mark IV combo and Mark II mini stack, but it would look weird on the Mark III for some reason.

I like them all - the "boogie" logo is very old school looking to me (which is awesome) - but I really like the "mesa engineering" the best

MichaelC4 said:
What is your favorite logo from MESA?
I'll start off by remembering back to '86, and all through high school, I would dream of the Mesa/Boogie logo on those metal grills.
They were the ultimate metal amps.
That's a short story of how it started for me.

samo o' same o' (man, it's been already 25 or so fucking years . . .) ****. that was FAST! :(

Voted Boogie because all those references in Little Feat, Grateful Dead, those awesome early Mesas etc, plus once being in a band using Boogie ,with a logo of Little Boogie two shoes, I guess I'm brain fixated ...

MESA ENGINEERING
Mesa/Boogie
Boogie

My son always cracks up laughing when he sees the plain boogie logo. Thinks it's talking about bugers lol.

"Mesa Engineering" just has a more official ring to it, in my mind at least.

"Mesa/Boogie" and "Boogie" are basically "official" slang terms, am I correct?

Just my 2 cents.

You're right, from what I've read anyway.

Carlos Santana remarked that the little amp he was trying out "really boogies!" Randall Smith once said that he just liked "MESA" and the way looked although it had no meaning and did not stand for anything.

Back