Flux Drive pedal - Excellent!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supertgtr

Reaction score
Just picked one of these up. Ran it into my Lonestar that is set clean. Great tube-screamer type tone, without the mid-hump and flubby bass. Very natural sounding. I'll be replacing my BB preamp with this pedal. Works really well with single coils.

How much bass boost does it have on tap? Does it add a noticeable heavy bottom end or just a little to make up for the bass lost with most of typical boost pedals?

I recently picked one up and am very happy with it. It's got more than enough juice to push the amp into the beautiful kind of overdrive I love without sounding weak on the treble or bass side of things. The mid range is not obnoxious by any means but is quite natural and smooth.

The pedal works wonderfully through either channel although I prefer to use it on the dirty channel of my 4X10 Lonestar Classic for soloing.

It does have a very natural sound. There is a mid hump, but the Bass/treble controls are powerful and can compensate for the hump to a certain degree. I was not impressed with this pedal until I pushed the bass and treble up and the pedal came alive. It can thunder with the bass turned up to 3:00. Treble at 1-2:00 will put the top back in place with the increased bass. Now I consider it one of the finest pedals available. I use it with my Lonestar 2x12.

Back