Fryette SAS pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talltxguy

Reaction score
I bought the SAS from GC a month ago on clearance for $119. "On clearance" means the SAS came with no box or power adapter. I bought it anyway because I've heard great things about it.

I get an adapter at Radio Shack but cannot get the pedal to produce any sound although the bypass works flawlessly. Since I don't have any EF-86 tubes around, I order a brand new one and try the pedal with the new tube. But I get nothing although the bypass works flawlessly.

I sent it to Fryette, who fixed it for free. I had them include a Fryette power adapter as well although I had to pay for the adapter as well as the return shipping.

The pedal will arrive this week. I'm hoping the anticipation is worth the weight.

Although the pedal was not designed primarily as a clean boost, I prefer it in that capacity. And so far as boosts go, I think the Blackstar Boost works better.

As a distortion pedal, I feel like it is a bit lacking in tube oomph. It kind of reminds me of the crazy distortion I got from an old Crate Mini Stack I had back in the day. Not sure if it's that EF86 tube or what, but I just don't care for it. A bit undefined and muddled.

I will be trading this pedal in toward a new pickup in the not too distant future.

Back