Amp switcher solution for my setup?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Magic Hoof

Reaction score
I'm not sure how this would work seeing as the only pedals I've seen feed one input to two outputs, because with my setup, it won't work properly.

I want to run two preamps into a single 295 power amp. From the power amp, I'm running a single speaker cable from the 8ohm output on the 295 into a single cab, which is the 8hm input on the back of it. I could easily run a pedal and do two amps, but that would mean I'd need two preamps, two poweramps, and two cabs (or two heads and two cabs). So with my setup I don't think it's possible.

Now here is where it gets even more complicated: I'm running a parametric EQ after my preamps and I'd like to be able to use it after each preamp with a single switch of a button.

Your guess about how to set all of this up to where I can switch preamps w/parametric EQ going into a single power amp, single speaker cable and single cab is as good as mine.

The "Search" menu is your friend...

There have been many discussions in this forum about switchers, from Mesa's HGAS to the GCX to the G system, etc etc.

All you need is a "loop switch" that will let you A/B switch two loops. You would wire like this:

Guitar -> Dual Loop switch in
Loop out -> EQ -> 295

Put preamp 1 in loop 1, Preamp 2 in loop 2.

Basic loop switch (for illustration, not a recommendation):
http://www.loop-master.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=73
Ignore the name. Pretend the name is "Preamp A/B Switch".

Latest posts

Back