Mark V footswitch compatibility

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpizarro

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal: I'm looking for a footswitch that will work with a double/ triple rectifier. I have a Mark V and really hope that that footswitch would work with these amps. So, if I get a 7 pin din cable for those amps, would that work? Also, I found an 8pin DIN to 1/4 TRS Breakout cable by RJM. Will that work for other brand amps? I can get by with channel switching - any additional feature (solo, fx, mute) would be even better. I want to bring the least amount possible of gear to gigs.

Any ideas?

gpizarro said:
Ok, here's the deal: I'm looking for a footswitch that will work with a double/ triple rectifier. I have a Mark V and really hope that that footswitch would work with these amps. So, if I get a 7 pin din cable for those amps, would that work? Also, I found an 8pin DIN to 1/4 TRS Breakout cable by RJM. Will that work for other brand amps? I can get by with channel switching - any additional feature (solo, fx, mute) would be even better. I want to bring the least amount possible of gear to gigs.

Any ideas?

I'm also looking for the Mark V footswitch schematic.

You did not just call it a double rectifier... :roll:

Sarcastic tone aside, welcome to the board. :D

I haven't tried it, but I doubt it would function completely.You might get the channels to switch, but I wouldn't count on anything else. Mesas use 8 pin DIN cables, not 7. And that RJM cable won't work with anything not made by RJM - it's got software in that little box in the middle of the cord that makes it so that the RG-16, rack gizmo or amp gizmo can understand the relay signals. It uses the same 8 pin DIN connector but it's not the same type of signal.

EDIT: now that I think about it, the only other functions on a rectifier are solo, mute and loop, which are all on the V footswitch too, so it might work. I'd call and ask Mesa if I were you.

Back