Anyone run a POD M9?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainCrunch

Reaction score
I'm ready to dump my Alesis Quadraverb (had it for over 20 yrs)and was considering a setup consisting of an M9 with an amp gizmo. Any feedback/suggestions appreciated.

Go for it. I have been using an M9 since it came out. Alowed me to dump about 8 pedals off my board. I run the M9 into the effects loop of my Road King. Does a great job. Plus you can set up multiple effects of the same type, eg. two different types of delays. The only drawback is the power supply. It uses house current and the wart is huge.

MesaMonster, do you find that it holds up well at gig/live levels? I've been thinking about getting the M13 or TC Nova System but am weary about how it sounds at high levels.

I use it live at church. Never had an issue with the M9 being noisey. Usually it is an analog pedal that will give me problems. I use the M9 for Mods, Delays and verbs. If you get the M13, you can set it up with the 4cm which would allow you to run any dirt in the M9 in front of your amp. The Nova System is everything going into the front of the amp. Just depends on what sound you are looking for. You should try it both ways.

I used the Line 6 M9 with an amp gizmo for a year or two with no issues before switching to the Nova system. The switching on the NS is more responsive and instant, there is a slight delay with the M9. The NS is more transparent and the overall quality is better, however the M9 has more effects and you can assign up to 6 different patches in latching mode, vs 3 preset mode on the Nova System.

Back