Mesa 410 ABB-R: What is it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
I just picked up a Mesa 4x10 cabinet, labeled 410 ABB-R, with Jensen P10R speakers.

Was this originally a guitar or bass cabinet? Was it an extension cab for a specific amp or amp series?

I'm using it for guitar with an Electra Dyne, and it sounds great. I am just curious about the history.

Thanks

Definitely a guitar cab - don't put bass through it or you'll probably blow the drivers. (At anything above house volume anyway.)

I don't know what the code means, but it may be something like a Blue Angel cab, they did the combo version with 4x10" Jensens, and they also made a head. Does it have any unusual features (grille colour etc)?

Thanks for the reply!

It's black, black, black, like all my other Mesa stuff. Mesa logo at top left. Cabinet is 24"x24", no bigger than is needed for the speakers (not extra tall like the LS 4x10 cabinet). The back is closed about 1/4 each at top and bottom, middle 1/2 is open. No casters, just rubber feet.

It's a great match for the Electra Dyne. I'm just curious if it was a standard cab or some sort of special order.

Latest posts

Back