Mark IV + MIDI Footswitch + G Major...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm looking to get a setup going here... trying to figure it all out before I go out and buy anything (but, I'm definitely looking into getting a Mark IV either way).

What I want to do is have the Mark IV set up with the G Major effects processor, all hooked up to one MIDI footswitch. Looking for a footswitch with an expression pedal most likely, and basically what I want is the ability to control the amp channel and use the footswitch in stompbox style... so maybe 3 buttons for amp channels, and then a few more buttons to turn on and off individual G Major effects, and be able to have them all on at once. I guess if the footswitch could do program changes as well, as in hit one button to do a couple of changes at once, that wouldn't be too bad either. But the stompbox style would probably be the most important part.

I'm guessing having different banks of presets or whatever, I could change the bank for different songs, and maybe have the same buttons for amp switching, but have different effect styles by having them turn on a different G Major prset?

I've found bits and pieces of info, but I'm having trouble linking it all together for what I want. What equipment would I need exactly for this? Or, who can point me in the right direction to where this is already answered? Thanks in advance.

- Mick

the fcb1010 is better for presets and program changes however....

you said you wanted stompbox type deal, which in my understanding are CC. for this, the fcb1010 lacks because you can click it on, but the lights don't flick on. so you may click it on, then forget if it's on or off, flick it some more...you kill the song.

My advice:
go to musicplayers.com go to reviews and read. VERY informative and geared towards a player.

Also, go to the tc elec website. go to the support FAQ, look up gmajor, search for the floorboards they recommend. research all of em.

Lastly, check the few pages in this specific forum for effects. several good threads on this stuff.

o yea, and harmony central. even google it.

Elpelotero said:
the fcb1010 is better for presets and program changes however....

you said you wanted stompbox type deal, which in my understanding are CC. for this, the fcb1010 lacks because you can click it on, but the lights don't flick on. so you may click it on, then forget if it's on or off, flick it some more...you kill the song..

This is true, BUT if you have an effect like delay or something and you switch it off.. I'm pretty sure you're going to know if it's off or on, so it's not that big of a deal.. BUT ... there are only 2 CC pedals 6 and 7 and i'm still relativly new to this foot controller and I THINK there are only 2 because all the other foot controllers serve differnet purposes *pedal 8 + 9 and 10 are expression pedals and tap inputs.*, so the FCB isn't a good choice for stomp box setup like Elpelotero said

Back