N-Audio V-Twin External Control

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess what I'm trying to do is have all the functions in a 4 button footswitch. Bypass - Clean - Blues - Solo... don't know if that's possible. Anyone heard of such a thing?

es336td said:
I guess what I'm trying to do is have all the functions in a 4 button footswitch. Bypass - Clean - Blues - Solo... don't know if that's possible. Anyone heard of such a thing?

I'll bet that is a no...

Hi, FWIW, I posted a couple questions about my V-Twin rackmount in the "Rack Pieces" forum last month and got nothing there either.

I think it would be a 4 button where one did bypass on or off and the other 3 were like radio buttons, only one on at a time. I've talked to the tech that has repaired mine, and without a log of re-engineering, you can't get there from here. So, you make due with the limitations.

How do you like the rack mount version? Never tried one and they are definitely scarce!

I got mine recently from ebay and it came with a pair of Groove Tubes 12AX7c's in it. I wasn't that thrilled with the sound initially TBH. The tones were just okay and the lead channel was really noisy too. I decided to explore the world of NOS & ANOS tubes and I replaced these Chinese GTs with a pair of Phillips 12AX7WAs and now both channels sound night & day better to me - the difference was incredible really. Plus the noise on the lead channel was reduced so much I had to go back and reset all my thresholds for my noise gates - now I'm extremely pleased with it.

I'm using a Rockman MIDI Octopus to access each of the 6 preamp voicings via midi and it's working out really well for me. I will say I haven't found any combinations of the solo & clean channels (used simultaneously) that I thought would be useable. So I've given up on that for now. Otherwise I'm having a really good time with the individual channels/voicings with mine.

I've never used the pedal version myself, but the rackmount version is a quite sleeper (IMHO) - that is - with the right tubes in it.

Latest posts

Back