How are the JMKLONS? Are they good clones of the KLON?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Gregory

Reaction score
someone offered to make me one of these for $150. Is that a good price? I have been listening to demos online but it is hard to grasp and I feel like I need to try one out. What say you? Thanks!

Good price? concider the real ones go for 500-1200 bucks. I have a klone also. Not sure how close it is but it really sounds good. worth $150 if you really want that klon tone but dont want to pay that rediculous price for a real one.

droptrd said:
Good price? concider the real ones go for 500-1200 bucks. I have a klone also. Not sure how close it is but it really sounds good. worth $150 if you really want that klon tone but dont want to pay that rediculous price for a real one.

cool. thanks! Are they a convernient size?

Ben Gregory said:
droptrd said:

cool. thanks! Are they a convernient size?
I built mine in a hamond 1590B enclosure. Think MXR size

The other thing about DIY klons is they have a lot of components in them. So for a one off build 150 is preety fair.

When you add up the cost of all the caps, resistors, transistors, diodes, ICs, jacks, pots, switches, enclosure, board, paint, knobs, labor and whatever else, 150 is probably dead even.

Back