What wireless guitar systems are you guys using..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X2 XDR95. it's digital, so you dont have to deal with signal dropouts, companders, and rf nonsense like you have to with analog systems. its incredibly transparent, too. i havent noticed any sound degradation with it. the body pack runs off a single 9v battery, and the rack unit displays how much battery you have left, so you can easily see it across the stage. its discontinued now, though, so you'd have to get it used.

rocknroll9225 said:
X2 XDR95. it's digital, so you dont have to deal with signal dropouts, companders, and rf nonsense like you have to with analog systems. its incredibly transparent, too. i havent noticed any sound degradation with it. the body pack runs off a single 9v battery, and the rack unit displays how much battery you have left, so you can easily see it across the stage. its discontinued now, though, so you'd have to get it used.

Thanks for that but I dont have a rack, although the thought has crossed my mind.

How about the non rack units? Whats good out there?

The Line6 Relay G-30 or G-50 are the best for the money right now. Both are made to run on a pedal board and run in 2.4ghz range. I have the rackmount version of this unit and it's by a mile the best wireless I've ever used.

ryjan said:
The Line6 Relay G-30 or G-50 are the best for the money right now. Both are made to run on a pedal board and run in 2.4ghz range. I have the rackmount version of this unit and it's by a mile the best wireless I've ever used.

Thanks caught mention of these in another thread, definately sounds like the way to go.

rocknroll9225 said:

+1

I use this. It's a great unit, but has some weaknesses. 1) The cord that comes with the unit is *****. I bought an aftermarket locking cord 2) the battery door is super flimsy, and must be handled with kid gloves 3) it takes 9V. AA batts would be better & less expensive. Still, the unit SOUNDS great, and won't break the bank. Recommend, with the previous cautions.

You're better off using a good quality cable line an Evidence Audio, there's no wireless system on the planet that will sound anywhere near as good. I used to own a Shure ULXS but sold it. Great wireless but nowhere even close to sounding like these cables do.

Martin said:
You're better off using a good quality cable line an Evidence Audio, there's no wireless system on the planet that will sound anywhere near as good. I used to own a Shure ULXS but sold it. Great wireless but nowhere even close to sounding like these cables do.
A huge +1 on Evidence Audio.

About 8 years ago, a couple of friends were all about this new cable. I was using Mogami and when I heard the price, my reaction was, "it may sound better, but it doesn't sound that much better. No cable can sound that much better."

We got together not long after that to test and compare new gear (three sets of ears are better than one stuff). I was listening to a 2x12 I had just bought. I agreed to a double blind test.

The first cable sounded good. I thought they hooked up the Evidence first. The Evidence was the second cable. It was like they pulled a wet blanket off of the amp. I was blown away.

What Evidence Audio cable does for your tone makes it well worth your while to be tethered to your rig.

I have had one of the original x2 digital wireless. It worked great for years. Now I'm using the line 6 g50 relays. It's the best out there for the money and the digitalis are the way to go.

Back