Vintage 30's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
They are 70 watts speakers right? On Mesa's website, it says they're rated at 60 watts. This is a misprint right? b/c that's what in my 280 watt power rated Recto std. and 60x4 doesn't =280. Just wondering what the deal was. Thanks. Sorry if this has been addressed before.....I drink diet coke and suffer from short-term memory loss....j/k :lol:

-AJH

both on celestion and mesa webpages V30s are actually rated 60W. In fact, on mesa's pricelist, recto 4x12 are rated 240W... i don't know if older models are different though...

wow that's wierd. thanks man, i appreciate it. On the back of my cab, it's rated 280w so i guess i'll go with that. they must've changed them last year or something. I'm interested to hear the whole story behind that one if anybody knows.

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
wow that's wierd. thanks man, i appreciate it. On the back of my cab, it's rated 280w so i guess i'll go with that. they must've changed them last year or something. I'm interested to hear the whole story behind that one if anybody knows.

-AJH

I don't drink diet coke, but I still have memory issues. With that in mind, I vaguely remember reading about the wattage change on celestion's website. If it's not there, try doing a google search...I definitely know that there is an article floating around the internet about this, but I don't remember where it is or what it said!

if you open your cab you wont find black shadows. you'll find celestions that look exactly like a v30 shuold, except the oddity is they are made in england for mesa only, not made in china. if you buy a v30 off mesas site, you get a black shadow. it's all weird. i know.

Back